PDA

View Full Version : Maxx Air fan

bennydog
08-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Only one fan in the trailer and that's the little lame one in the bathroom. I was not ready to rip into the roof to install something like a Fantastic Fan so opted for the Maxx Air which sits above the existing vent opening. Easy to install the fan. Hard part was trying to get power to the opening. With most of the stuff in the ceiling hanging down, so speakers, lights, A/C vents and at one point even the microwave...I was able to pull a wire from the panel next to the door where there are several light switches over to the vent opening. I actually made sure that I could do this before I bought the fan. I hate taking things back. Works great, wish Keystone had thought to leave a wire up there just incase.

Flyguy
08-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Good job, you know that Keystone isn't going to leave an extra wire anywhere; when I installed my backup lights I found that the yellow wire at the junction box under the tongue was cutoff completely. I have the same lame fan in the bathroom as you do and I thought about installing a "Fantastic Fan" in the vent up front but again, where to get power from.

hankpage
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM
My fan install was just the opposite. When I removed the inner vent trim I found three heavy orange wires with grounds. Tested them all and they were all hot. Started pulling fuses and found that one was for the water pump. Tapped off of that with an in-line fuse the correct size for the fan and installed the Maxx-Air low profile power vent. Works great and will open and close with remote thermostat. With the fan in the living room and the bedroom windows open you get a nice breeze and barely hear the fan.

Flyguy
08-17-2009, 06:24 PM
damn! I should be so lucky.