PDA

View Full Version : Headrest Post Mounts for Tablets

busterbrown
04-01-2018, 06:29 PM
I recently viewed the interior of the all new Lincoln Navigator and was impressed, especially with the rear entertainment tablets mounted on the headrests of the front seats. (see pic below).

As it's a godsend to have video entertainment for my 3 sons on long trips, I'm on the hunt for aftermarket headrest post mounts for a couple of tablets so the boys don't have exhausting task of holding them during travel. Ideally, the mounts would have a compact form factor that keeps the devices from extending too far away from the seat back. Secondly, the mounts must resist shaking/vibrating during travel. Amazon have quite a few to choose from.

Any recommendations for a headrest post mount for 10 inch tablets are appreciated.

flybouy
04-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Try proclipusa.com. Their stuff isn't cheap in price but it is high quality.

busterbrown
04-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Try proclipusa.com. Their stuff isn't cheap in price but it is high quality.

You're right. Looks like much of their product line is very device specific. Steep prices for sure. $169 for the mounting base and a charging holder. $340 for two. Wow.

notanlines
04-02-2018, 01:12 AM
Well, Buster, since we've determined that you seem to be a little tight in the wallet and don't love your children $340 worth, give this a try:
https://www.directron.com/clacc62062.html?gsear=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Pa-lJ6b2gIVnbXACh33Xg-PEAYYByABEgLMWfD_BwE
I think two of these can be had for about $40.00.
And while you're wondering, no, I don't love my grandchildren $340 worth either. Not that it would matter. After report card payoff we're pretty much broke.:D

flybouy
04-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Saving money is great, however for me I wouldn't want something that is basically in my child, or grandchild's face that was cheap and could potentially come loose in an accident and cause harm or death. In my opinion the OP is doing the right thing by getting the tablets out of their hands as that certainly poses a risk even during panic breaking. I do not have any personal experience with the products that busterbrown is searching for but I have purchased several of the phone holders and mounts from proclip and I can tell you that I have found them to well worth the cost. Over the years I tried many brands and configurations that typically lasted less than a year. I purchased the first proclip mount about 8 years ago and it's still going strong.
Just my experience, YMMV