PDA

View Full Version : Grey Tank Question

Scout179
03-31-2018, 05:51 AM
We have a 2004 Challenger 31 RLB and I can not find the capacity of our grey or black tanks. The data plate in the kitchen cabinet has the size of our fresh water holding tank as 54 gallons/448 pounds. I searched through many old threads, and found that many state holding tank capacities generally do not exceed the size of the fresh water tank.
I'm looking for the data because my grey 2 (kitchen) tank sensors are showing 2/3 full when tanks are empty. I'm trying different techniques to clean the sensor but knowing it's size would be really beneficial. Also, what happens when the tank is full ? Is there an overflow, or does the sink just not drain ?
Thanks for your responses!!! I have been quite impressed with everyones willingness to help those of us who are just beginning this journey. Gonna be "shopping" with the wife today, so wont respond immediately, but "I will return".

Tbos
03-31-2018, 10:16 AM
Hope you are able to figure it out. I guess if you can’t find the info somewhere you can always to it the old fashioned way and add water to it one gallon at a time until it’s full.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

Frank G
03-31-2018, 11:21 AM
I'll agree the tank sensors are junk. mine do not work any more either. The question about filling the tanks...in a perfect world yes the sink, and shower will start to fill up (stop draining). Any deficiencies and you could risk leaking water where you do not want it. The toilet should drain straight down, use a flashlight I would not over fill this one.

notanlines
03-31-2018, 11:34 AM
Ed, give this site a try. I believe it has all the info you need.
http://www.rvweb.com/guides/manufacturers/keystone/models/2004_challenger-1087410235943
39 black and 77 (2 tanks) grey

Scout179
03-31-2018, 02:10 PM
Thanks Jim!!! Exactly what I had been searching to find. Also found out some more stats I had been wondering about..