PDA

View Full Version : ResistAll

Indy Steve
03-30-2018, 08:42 AM
Hello all! New owner of a Cougar 5th wheel here, a convert from Forest River. I've been doing some research on a sealing product the dealer is offering called ResistAll and would like to get thoughts or experiences. I know that these products are generally worthless and close to pure profit for the dealer, but I got a copy of the warranty and it actually looks as though it might do something. The non-prorated warranty covers any fading, staining or oxidation for 5 years with no additional treatments. Also basically "scotch-guards" the entire interior. It's $600, so not much more in the scheme of things. I'm leaning toward giving it a shot if it can keep me from waxing.

Tbos
03-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Never heard of it. Let us know how it goes if you get it.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

Rex1vt
03-30-2018, 12:26 PM
I took the plunge on my previous unit and had problems.The $600 may be shiny bait in the scheme of things.I do not have my records any more but do have the bad taste.

notanlines
03-30-2018, 02:20 PM
Steve, this post is from January, 2012. This crapola has been around for a long time with dealers making the bucks just as long.

Resistall..is it worth $1900?
« on: January 17, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
rv dealer is asking $1900. for exterior coating and interior fabric treatment. (moho is 36' full body paint)
Resistall says it is good for 5 years ..just wash, no more polish or waxing...
opinions is appreciated

I believe that if it can be marketed to you for $600 then Keystone could install it themselves for about $200 at the factory.
I'm calling BS on this one. JMO, YMMV

busterbrown
03-30-2018, 10:12 PM
I agree with Jim, no product will ever get you to a 5 year mark without periodic, routine reapplication. Save the $600 and spend it on 10 years worth of premium note worthy products like 303 Aerospace, Meguiar's, and aircraft grade protectants. No matter how you cut it, elbow grease is required annually. JMO.

vzsjk5
04-27-2018, 04:12 PM
Don't I said Don't go for that snake oil! I did and after 2 years on my brand new Outback the front cap started to fade I contacted ReistAll about the fade.
They would not cover the fade problem, even though the warranty states it covers fade. Do yourself a favor and take that money and buy some swamp land. You will be ahead!