PDA

View Full Version : Estes Park Campgrounds

mfifield01
03-29-2018, 09:54 AM
I'm planning my big summer trip with Rocky Mountain National Park being the destination. I have booked 3 nights at Moraine Park. The DW likes to explore towns, so I'm looking at private campgrounds in Estes Park for 2 nights. There doesn't seem to be any that stick out and reviews look mediocre. Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm leaning towards Elk Meadow right now.

RoscoeV
03-29-2018, 10:10 AM
We stayed at Spruce Lake last year and found it to be pretty nice. I read the reviews and we never experienced any issues. The people managing the park were very friendly and it's close to town. We actually have reservation for Memorial Day weekend.

rush2112
03-30-2018, 09:45 AM
We stayed at Elk Meadows last summer. We looked at it as a place to park. It was a little dusty with the wind, but the lot was level, and had plenty of room. Just past the campground is a restaurant call The Rock Inn Tavern. Best meal we had while there. Came highly recommended by a local, which happened to be the ONLY Uber drive in town. Super nice guy....

KCSA75
03-30-2018, 12:29 PM
Two years ago, we spent a couple nights at Estes Park Campground at Mary's Lake. It was OK, nothing to write home about in my opinion, but nothing wrong. Chose it primarily because we could get a reservation on short (a couple weeks) notice.

We also checked out Spruce Lake and Manor Campgrounds which are nearby. Probably a rung or two up from Mary's Lake. There's also a KOA.

More importantly, you MUST eat at Antonio's New York Pizza on the west side of Estes Park. It's a tiny place (four or five tables) so most people do carryout, but the food is terrific.

captcolour
03-30-2018, 02:11 PM
We stayed at Mary's Lake last June and it was fine. Nothing special.

DC8Captain
03-31-2018, 01:41 PM
I'm planning my big summer trip with Rocky Mountain National Park being the destination. I have booked 3 nights at Moraine Park. The DW likes to explore towns, so I'm looking at private campgrounds in Estes Park for 2 nights. There doesn't seem to be any that stick out and reviews look mediocre. Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm leaning towards Elk Meadow right now.

Glad you got a space at Moraine Park. Getting a reservation goes to the reserve early bird.

captcolour
03-31-2018, 05:30 PM
Here's a pic at Mary's Lake.

rush2112
03-31-2018, 05:57 PM
This was the only one I have. Elk Meadows view from the front of RV.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180401/3653e2ac6a7aa69ea970458b0333ce1a.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

mfifield01
04-02-2018, 06:21 AM
Glad you got a space at Moraine Park. Getting a reservation goes to the reserve early bird.Right now, I wish I would have gotten all 5 days at Moraine. I don't have much interest in any of the private parks in Estes. It sounds like Elk Meadow or Spruce Lake are my options.