PDA

View Full Version : New Member

PipeDope
03-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone. Just put a deposit on a 2018 Montana High Country 384BR. I’ve owned many RVs but this will be my first made by Keystone.

First question is does anyone have info on a capture plate for the Lippert pin box to use it with my Super Glide auto slider?

Secondly, who has experience with an all in one vented washer/dryer? I can install myself being a plumber for 19 years.

Any other info I need to know I’m open to listening.

Thanks in advance and I’m glad to be here.

Tbos
03-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your new rig. I can’t help with your questions but I understand the vented units while small work better than the non-vented ones. We pick up our 5th wheel in Apr. We may end up buying the combo unit too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin texans
03-25-2018, 06:41 PM
Have had the vented combo washer/dryer (would never use the non-vented) & it did a good job of doing small loads which would take approximately 2 hours per load, but in most cases an iron/ironing board is required. Personally if you have the room I'd recommend the separates.
Can't help with the hitch question.
As far as Keystone products the differences between them & any other brand in my opinion is very minimal. They all use the same vendors for appliances, all built in the same geographic location, non have any quality control & it totally depends on YOUR dealer as to the warranty service, or lack of, you'll receive.

CaptnJohn
03-26-2018, 02:08 AM
We had a vented unit in the Cougar. Wifey preferred using CG laundry instead. We now have separate w/d in the Montana and she is a happy camper.
Your 5er is pre plumbed. Install is basically plug and play AFTER you cut the hole for the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcS
03-26-2018, 03:00 AM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PipeDope
03-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Still need to figure out the hitch set up to make sure it all works in my truck.

Movin' on
03-26-2018, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new rig.

Here's a chart that might be helpful choosing a capture plate.

PipeDope
03-26-2018, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new rig.

Here's a chart that might be helpful choosing a capture plate.

Awesome. That’s what I’ve been looking for but my google findings have been coming up short.

Thanks.

E Rod
03-31-2018, 08:42 PM
I have a 2017 Alpine with the separate washer closet in the hallway. Wouldn't be without it. GF loves it. We throw a load while relaxing .

Dorrie
04-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone. Just put a deposit on a 2018 Montana High Country 384BR. I’ve owned many RVs but this will be my first made by Keystone.

First question is does anyone have info on a capture plate for the Lippert pin box to use it with my Super Glide auto slider?

Secondly, who has experience with an all in one vented washer/dryer? I can install myself being a plumber for 19 years.

Any other info I need to know I’m open to listening.

Thanks in advance and I’m glad to be here.Welcome
Sorry cannot help with your questions but, hubby and I are in a Montana HC. We are very happy with ours. Enjoy your RV.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

E Rod
04-02-2018, 05:39 PM
It's not difficult to install. Just plan how you want to route your water lines. I used hose clamps to fasten them neatly to wall. Also check and make sure there are no kinks in your drain line. My rv called for a ventless washer/dryer however I went with the vented one. Ordered a nice slim vent from amazon and ordered the hole saw as well. Also make you install a pan underneath washer in case of any leaks. Worked very well for us. Would do it again.