PDA

View Full Version : Door county Wisconsin

labman
03-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Anyone have a suggestion for a campground for the DW and I for sometime in June in Door county WI? We have been there before but prior to the purchase of a camper and I was not paying attn. to the campgrounds back then......:angel:

440justin
03-25-2018, 09:07 AM
Peninsula State Park hands down is my favorite place to stay, but you might have a hard time finding a site for this summer at this point. It will just really depend on how many days your looking to stay. Just enter your dates in Reserve America and see what you can find.

Last summer I went up over 4th of July and stayed at Hy-Land Court RV Park and Campground because the state park was full. It was just ok, the bathroom building was very old and not that well taken care of and sites were close together. Also if you don't get a full hook-up site like I did they wanted to charge me $10 to use the dump station on the way out. I thought for $36/night for electrical and water should include use of the dump station. I didn't pay and just used the county Park by my house that charges $1 for non campers to use the dump station.

There are a number of other privet campgrounds up there, but I have but stayed at any others so hopefully others might be able to offer input.

The attached photo is from our site this past fall at Peninsula State Park.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180325/75a11d503a9cbd5058169e73d60880d2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

labman
03-30-2018, 06:22 PM
bump:popcorn:

mightybk
05-07-2018, 02:52 PM
We just booked Memorial Day weekend at Beantown Campground in Bailey's Harbor. We stayed there last year and liked it. All full hookup sites.