PDA

View Full Version : 28RBS modifications

geeman
03-24-2018, 02:17 PM
Here are a couple of mods I have done to make life easier.....
Trays for the under bench storage to allow pulling out all stuff under the seat. Roller on the back side for ease.
Mid shelf above the TV and in the upper cabinet above the sink. More storage and separations of items.
Got rid of the worthless R-BQ and made a stainless shelf for the swing out bracket...removable that slips into the back hatch with my Weber Q grill. Room enough for plate or platter too. :D

More pics to follow of other mods....

chartrand
03-24-2018, 05:33 PM
Nice mods!! I'm going to copy your shelf above the sink I think. How did you attach the shelf to the sides?

Drawers for the bench seats look well made, I'm surprised you don't have drawers from the factory? Mine came with drawers.

440justin
03-24-2018, 09:49 PM
I would love to see more pictures of your grill table. I have been thinking of the same thing with my grill mount. I got 5 seasons out of the grill that came with my passport and have been looking to get a Q grill soon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

chartrand
03-25-2018, 04:56 AM
I would love to see more pictures of your grill table. I have been thinking of the same thing with my grill mount. I got 5 seasons out of the grill that came with my passport and have been looking to get a Q grill soon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The Q grills are awesome, just know they come in two kid heights, the taller lid version did not fit in my front storage compartment, so I purchased a new lid from Webber. I still have my Q today, but have started using the 17 inch Blackstone griddle $79 at Walmart. It’s small and stores easily in my outdoor kitchen on the counter. I hardly use my Q any more and I’m thinking about moving it into the house garage to save on the storage space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

geeman
03-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Nice mods!! I'm going to copy your shelf above the sink I think. How did you attach the shelf to the sides?

Drawers for the bench seats look well made, I'm surprised you don't have drawers from the factory? Mine came with drawers.

The shelves are made from nice 1/4" plywood. Dattoed the front boards above the kitchen to create a lip to prevent things sliding off. The wall support is some boards with rounded edges that are screwed at the studs to create a solid rail. The front rail has small hidden screws angled up from the bottom to the wall.

geeman
03-25-2018, 08:06 AM
Have to get more pics once I get out of storage.