PDA

View Full Version : Andersen Leveler

FlyingAroundRV
03-22-2018, 10:40 PM
Hi all:
Has anybody bought these?
https://andersenhitches.com/Products/3604--camper-leveler.aspx
They look like a really easy way to level a trailer, but I wonder whether they're durable. I'm thinking of combining them with the X-Chock system for security. I know the Andersen levelers say they're chocks, but I don't think I'd completely trust them on their own.

MarcS
03-23-2018, 12:11 AM
Great product! Use them every time we need to level side to side. Very easy to use.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

slow
03-23-2018, 02:45 AM
The Anderson levelers along with a LevelMatePro are the next best thing next to a self leveling system IMO. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25609&highlight=levelmate

As for their effectiveness as chocks, I use a set of rubber chocks on the opposite side and have no concerns or issues. Much faster than tightening a pair of x-chocks. The second post in the above thread has a picture of what the chocks on the far side of the levelers look like when set up.

KHBama
03-23-2018, 03:56 AM
I had a set with my old TT before I upgraded to a 5er.
They were great and easy to use. I’m curious though, I had a wide gap in between my tires that made the process simple. If the tires are closer together like my 5er I have now, it doesn’t look like there would be room for 2 if I had to lift one side of the trailer. I’m sure they work somehow but it just looks impossible with my naked eye

xrated
03-23-2018, 04:51 AM
I had a set with my old TT before I upgraded to a 5er.
They were great and easy to use. I’m curious though, I had a wide gap in between my tires that made the process simple. If the tires are closer together like my 5er I have now, it doesn’t look like there would be room for 2 if I had to lift one side of the trailer. I’m sure they work somehow but it just looks impossible with my naked eye

I watched a video way back when I was getting ready to buy my Anderson Levelers and they talked about tandem wheel sets that are close. They stated that if necessary, you could cut off part of the leveler to make it easier to use. Obviously you can't cut it in half or anything like that, but most of the time it only needs to be an inch or two.

I've had my Anderson levelers almost since the beginning of me having our Toy Hauler. I also combined that with the LevelMate Pro and to me, it is absolutely something that I wouldn't do without when setting up.

And to all of you that are currently using and liking the LevelMate Pro, they will be introducing a new product this coming spring (hopefully). It is called the PowerMate Pro. This will be a Bluetooth based system (like the LevelMate) that will allow you to replace the rocker switches for something like.....slides, stabilizing jacks, electric beds, awning, and be able to control them from the app on your phone. An example might be for the slides on your trailer. With that system you would be able to deploy your slides from outside the trailer, while watching it come out.....making sure that it is not going to hit an object like a low hanging tree branch, a power pole, picnic table....whatever. In my case, I can't really see my awning as I deploy it, as the switch is in the trailer of course. With this system, you can stand outside, and watch it unroll until it is exactly where you want it. I'm in for at least three of them......one for each slide out (I have two), and one for the awning.

And just so you all know, I am NOT involved with their company in any way. I am a satisfied user though of the LevelMate Pro, and their new product looks to be a great idea.

gkainz
03-23-2018, 05:12 AM
Hi all:
Has anybody bought these?
https://andersenhitches.com/Products/3604--camper-leveler.aspx
They look like a really easy way to level a trailer, but I wonder whether they're durable. I'm thinking of combining them with the X-Chock system for security. I know the Andersen levelers say they're chocks, but I don't think I'd completely trust them on their own.
exactly what I use ... Andersen Levelers and X-Chocks. Love them.

vampress_me
03-23-2018, 05:51 AM
The Anderson levelers along with a LevelMatePro are the next best thing to a self leveling system IMO. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25609&highlight=levelmate

As for their effectiveness as chocks, I use a set of rubber chocks on the opposite side and have no concerns or issues. Much faster than tightening a pair of x-chocks. The second post in the above thread has a picture of what the chocks on the far side of the levelers look like when set up.

Totally agree with slow. Best thing I did for our camper. We love the easy set up. But thank you, you reminded me I have a couple of sets of the LEGO blocks in the garage that I need to Facebook this spring to get rid of. :)

Timcharlie
03-23-2018, 05:56 AM
KHBama,
I also use the Anderson Levelers for my TT. The space between my tires is narrower as well and I did cut approx 2" off of them and they work just as well. The directions indicate they can be cut.

Tim

ctbruce
03-23-2018, 06:09 AM
Another satisfied Anderson/Levelmate Pro user. Great products and it sure beats carrying heavy boards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

linux3
03-23-2018, 12:15 PM
They work OK sometimes. When they work they are great.
I guess I wind up too often parking on grass and there just isn't enough surface area to not sink in.
I like the "leggo" blocks but whatever.

DocWMB
03-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Andersen Levelers and x-chock on the low side of the camper with wheel chocks on the high side. They work great to get things close, then use my Auto-level. I put non-slip tread tape on mine and they don't scoot out as easily. Also put down a small piece of plywood when on softer ground to prevent sinking. Have tandem axles and occasionally need to work a bit to get the middle leveler in, but nothing serious.

chartrand
03-23-2018, 06:04 PM
Andersen all the way here as well. I love mine, and my only regret was that I did not purchase them sooner.

B-O-B'03
03-23-2018, 07:28 PM
I have a set of them and they work very well.

It is so simple to level the trailer with them.

I do not have the level mate pro, that is the DW's job ;)

-Brian

FlyingAroundRV
03-23-2018, 11:15 PM
I do not have the level mate pro, that is the DW's job ;)

-Brian
That was my thoughts also.
But now that we're talking about levelers, has anyone tried this?
https://www.etrailer.com/Tools/Hopkins/HM08201.html
I like that it has LEDs that are supposed to be visible in the rear view mirror. I'm thinking it might be a good adjunct to the DW.

JRTJH
03-24-2018, 07:51 AM
call me old fashioned (after that magazine rack and Sears catalog post I may be)....

I still prefer the LevelMaster bubble level. It's about 12" long, big enough to see in the rear view mirror, mounts on the pin box of my fifth wheel and if the steel ball is "one mark over" the trailer is 1" low on that side. Easy to determine from the driver's seat how to level the trailer and no guess work on how many blocks to stack behind the tires. It can be mounted on a travel trailer just as easily as on a fifth wheel.

Even with "automatic leveling", I'd still want to position the trailer as close to level as I could, so I'd have one of these, even if I had "self leveling".....

For me, sometimes, the "old way" is still the "easy way"..... YMMV

xrated
03-24-2018, 08:02 AM
call me old fashioned (after that magazine rack and Sears catalog post I may be)....

I still prefer the LevelMaster bubble level. It's about 12" long, big enough to see in the rear view mirror, mounts on the pin box of my fifth wheel and if the steel ball is "one mark over" the trailer is 1" low on that side. Easy to determine from the driver's seat how to level the trailer and no guess work on how many blocks to stack behind the tires. It can be mounted on a travel trailer just as easily as on a fifth wheel.

Even with "automatic leveling", I'd still want to position the trailer as close to level as I could, so I'd have one of these, even if I had "self leveling".....

For me, sometimes, the "old way" is still the "easy way"..... YMMV

"You're old fashioned!".......There, I did it, because you asked to be called that! :D

I say, use whatever works best for you and as long as you are satisfied with the results, that's all that matters. I love my LevelMate, but that is basically all I ever used since the present trailer is my first trailer that really matters whether or not it's level.

JRTJH
03-24-2018, 08:20 AM
Oh I almost forgot: AT&T stopped supporting my 15 year old flip-phone so I had to get another style. They "gave" me a smart phone, it lives in the electronics compartment on top of the dash in my truck and is connected to the 911 (air bag deployment) system in the truck. Total minutes of talk time on the phone 2 total texts 1 total time away from the truck 0. I've had it for almost a year now (my how time flies). After 2 careers where I was "at home on phone standby", carried a pager (remember when it used to beep and you called the office to get a message" or a cell phone. I promised myself that when I retired, I would never be "tied to an electronic rope, ever again" So far, I've managed without the rope and honestly, it's loads of stress relief to not listen to the "ka-ding" with every text when I'm out in the boat, relaxing with a cane pole in one hand and swatting "skeeters" with the other......

So yeah, a "curved level" trumps a dead battery and flashing lights, at least for me :)
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/seniors/troubled-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

xrated
03-24-2018, 09:59 AM
Oh I almost forgot: AT&T stopped supporting my 15 year old flip-phone so I had to get another style. They "gave" me a smart phone, it lives in the electronics compartment on top of the dash in my truck and is connected to the 911 (air bag deployment) system in the truck. Total minutes of talk time on the phone 2 total texts 1 total time away from the truck 0. I've had it for almost a year now (my how time flies). After 2 careers where I was "at home on phone standby", carried a pager (remember when it used to beep and you called the office to get a message" or a cell phone. I promised myself that when I retired, I would never be "tied to an electronic rope, ever again" So far, I've managed without the rope and honestly, it's loads of stress relief to not listen to the "ka-ding" with every text when I'm out in the boat, relaxing with a cane pole in one hand and swatting "skeeters" with the other......

So yeah, a "curved level" trumps a dead battery and flashing lights, at least for me :)
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/seniors/troubled-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

OK, a bad news/good news line.
You really are an "old fart"/but I'm old enough to be right there with ya! :D

JRTJH
03-24-2018, 11:27 AM
Sorry for the late response, but I lost my glasses ROFL.... That said, there is something good about retirement.... I can sleep late, get up early, camp during the week "EVERY WEEK" and I'm never late for work :whistling:

If you remember, I've got access to the parts of member profiles not visible to other members, so, yeah, I knew you're "right there with me" Being an old fart sure "trumps the alternative"..... :cool:

66joej
03-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Put me in the "old Fart" column also. It is nice to be healthy and be able to do stuff whenever.:whistling:

chuckster57
03-24-2018, 02:40 PM
I use the tube/ball on the pin box. At work, to verify auto level calibration I use this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DW954UC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521931200&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rv+ez+level&dpPl=1&dpID=41UuHZ5MGGL&ref=plSrch

xrated
03-24-2018, 02:43 PM
Sorry for the late response, but I lost my glasses ROFL.... That said, there is something good about retirement.... I can sleep late, get up early, camp during the week "EVERY WEEK" and I'm never late for work :whistling:

If you remember, I've got access to the parts of member profiles not visible to other members, so, yeah, I knew you're "right there with me" Being an old fart sure "trumps the alternative"..... :cool:

LOL....Actually, being a moderator on one forum and an Admin on another, I know exactly what you are able to see. The only thing that surprises me is that I don't show up as being 103 years old on this one! :D

Oh, and an "older" fellow once told me "There is one bad thing about being retired......You never have a scheduled day off".

And on the other point.....being an old fart DOES beat the alternative by a million miles! ;)

B-O-B'03
03-24-2018, 03:00 PM
... AT&T stopped supporting my 15 year old flip-phone so I had to get another style. They "gave" me a smart phone...

I still have my AT&T flip phone that they gave me when they quit supporting my old Nokia that was using the Cingular network, wonder if that is what the deal was with yours, was it on the Cingular network?

If it had a blue and orange SIM card, that would be the reason.

The SIM card in my flip phone works in the old Cingular phone too, I have a backup :D

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

-Brian

JRTJH
03-24-2018, 04:50 PM
I still have my AT&T flip phone that they gave me when they quit supporting my old Nokia that was using the Cingular network, wonder if that is what the deal was with yours, was it on the Cingular network?

If it had a blue and orange SIM card, that would be the reason.

The SIM card in my flip phone works in the old Cingular phone too, I have a backup :D

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

-Brian

I dunno..... I got a letter from AT&T that "instructed" me they were no longer supporting my Razr flip phone and if I didn't turn it in, I'd no longer have service. PI**ED me off since I bought it 15 years ago. Anyway, when I went down to yell and scream, come to find out, they were changing systems in this area and would no longer support it. They told me I could keep my phone (so nice of them) and they gave me a choice of an "old fart phone" (just talk, no text) or a "smart phone" with all the features (I think they called it an android) <wink> Anyway, I asked "how much is each" and they answer was, No charge for either, so since the smart phone had a bigger screen than my Razr, I chose that one.

My first Nokia was a bag phone, took up most of the transmission hump in my F250 (back when they were the same size as the F150). Come to think about it, my Razr replaced an analog Nokia that Cingular stopped supporting which was the reason to buy the Razr. Hell, I guess I've "outlived 3 or 4 cell phone systems already LOL Hmmmmmm:ermm:

I have no idea on SIM cards or how the old Cingular vs AT&T worked out. My Razr was Cingular, but switched to AT&T when we moved up here (no Cingular service in this area). Anyway, since it sits in the truck and is usually in airplane mode, it doesn't interrupt me and I don't interrupt it. :whistling:

FlyingAroundRV
03-24-2018, 05:19 PM
:offtopic:

the sodfather
03-28-2018, 12:00 PM
Gosh, I think I’d quit rving if I didn’t have my Anderson’s and Level Mate. I’ll likely never have auto-level and this is as close as you can get. Don’t wait any longer, place that order now!