PDA

View Full Version : Furnace Filters?

Dorrie
03-22-2018, 06:52 AM
Was searching to see if discussed but no luck. Should filters be installed at the grate below the steps?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

flybouy
03-22-2018, 07:32 AM
No. Adding a filter will void the warranty.

Dorrie
03-22-2018, 07:42 AM
No. Adding a filter will void the warranty.Thank You!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Frank G
03-22-2018, 08:22 AM
If my assumptions are correct the Furnace occupies a common area shared by, plumbing, electrical, pumps, waterheater and other stuff. this area can be accessed by removing the walls in the basement or the step louvers. Normally they do not use any ducting on the intake, (return) of the furnace.

flybouy
04-11-2018, 03:52 AM
I too had the same doubt. When we bought a branded furnace filter from Toronto (http://www.airflexltd.com/all-furnace-filters-humidifier-pads), I was confused with its installation. While installing a new filter, it is important to know which way it is supposed to go. The reason this is so important is that most air filters are designed to work best when airflow in a specific direction. If furnace filters are installed in a wrong way then, there will be a negative impact on air flow and reduces the equipment efficiency. I think this is the reason why Flybouy replied you that adding a filter will void the warranty. So it is better to try for another area.

That's great advice for your sticks and bricks home but not applicable to campers. The typical propane furnace in a camper does not use a filter. Check your paperwork or search the manufacturers site like Suburban http://www.airxcel.com/suburban/service-support/faqs#.

Dorrie
04-11-2018, 04:03 AM
That's great advice for your sticks and bricks home but not applicable to campers. The typical propane furnace in a camper does not use a filter. Check your paperwork or search the manufacturers site like Suburban http://www.airxcel.com/suburban/service-support/faqs#.Thank you for the site

notanlines
04-11-2018, 04:44 AM
From Suburban: "Restricted or insufficient air return: the return air passage should meet the minimum open square inches as specified for the particular model of furnace installed. It must not be blocked or restricted. Keep the furnace compartment clear of any materials that can block the air flow around the furnace"
Restricting air flow either intake or exhaust will increase the internal temperature of the furnace causing an unsafe condition. Simply put, don't install any filter on an RV furnace.

Dorrie
04-11-2018, 04:55 AM
Besides dusting everyday, how can I control the dust in here, lol. Never had such a dusty RV.

chuckster57
04-11-2018, 05:09 AM
Besides dusting everyday, how can I control the dust in here, lol. Never had such a dusty RV.

If your plugged into shore power you can run the A/C fan without the compressor. Your AC will have a filter in it that is washable.

flybouy
04-11-2018, 05:13 AM

That can be a challenge. We have 2 Brittany Spaniels and dog hair/dander along with unpaved campground roads can make a mess. We find the air conditioner is affected the most. As that fan runs constantly in warmer months the filter needs to be washed weekly. A small " air purifier" may help during heating conditions. As the furnace draws air from the floor vacuuming the carpet and swiftering the tile near the furnace air return grill can help. New campers can be very "dusty" as the cut fibers of the carpet, linens, curtain, upholstery fabrics become airborne.
Hope this helps.

Dorrie
04-11-2018, 05:17 AM
That can be a challenge. We have 2 Brittany Spaniels and dog hair/dander along with unpaved campground roads can make a mess. We find the air conditioner is affected the most. As that fan runs constantly in warmer months the filter needs to be washed weekly. A small " air purifier" may help during heating conditions. As the furnace draws air from the floor vacuuming the carpet and swiftering the tile near the furnace air return grill can help. New campers can be very "dusty" as the cut fibers of the carpet, linens, curtain, upholstery fabrics become airborne.
Hope this helps.Yes it helps. Thank you

Freeheel4life
04-11-2018, 11:19 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Eureka-EasyClean-Lightweight-Handheld-71B/dp/B0006HUYGM/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1523473953&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=hand+held+vacuum&psc=1

We have 3 dogs that shed in our camper. This guy has been awesome. Will say that the brush drive mechanism has started to act up. Guessing its dog hair wrapped around the shaft. Havent taken it apart yet. Usually have to reach in and get the brish turning, then its fine. It is great for reaching into ducts(I pull registers off) and cleaning all the hair that falls in there.
Filter works great on it and it doesn't just pick up the big stuff and discharge dusty air back out. Relatively low cost and they are nice and small.