PDA

View Full Version : Pin box manufacturer for 324RLB

RCrawler
06-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Just purchased a 2012 324RLB. I need to find out the specs on the 5th wheel pin box so I can order the right capture plate. My 5th wheel is at the dealer 100 miles away. All of the smaller ones I've looked at use the Lippert 1621, so I'm assuming mine should too.

I just need the manufacturer and model number.

Thanks,
Jason

therink
06-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi
There should be a decal on the Lippert pinbox with id number. I know there is on mine. Hope this helps. Steve

hankaye
06-30-2011, 08:17 AM
RCrawler, Howdy;

Have you tried asking the Dealer's Service/Parts Dept. ?
or attempted to contact Keystone?

I know that a lot of folks have stated that they receive little to no help when asking either of those 2 sources....if you haven't signed on the dotted line or handed over the check, then they may be more inclined to be helpful...
just a suggestion...

hankaye

RCrawler
06-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I bought it at a RV show that was in town. They took the trailer back to get it ready for delivery. I didn't realize that I needed the information until it was already gone.

I've looked at some other, smaller 5th wheel on display and they are all using the Lippert 1671. I checked my buddies '09 35' and it uses the same.

Unfortunately, the dealer has been less than helpful. The service dept wants to sell me a universal capture plate. The salesmen seem to be too lazy to walk out to my trailer and get me the information I needed. I'm sure this is a telling of things to come.

I made an educated guess and ordered my hitch today.

Jason

therink
06-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Boy, I just don't get it with these rv dealers/service depts. I think they all went to the same school or watched the same training video. I have had only one good buying and/or service experience in 13 years. I'm on my fifth rv.
All the more reason to do a thorough and written pdi before you take delivery. Have fun with the new palace.
Steve

RCrawler
06-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Boy, I just don't get it with these rv dealers/service depts. I think they all went to the same school or watched the same training video. I have had only one good buying and/or service experience in 13 years. I'm on my fifth rv.
All the more reason to do a thorough and written pdi before you take delivery. Have fun with the new palace.
Steve

Palace is right. Going from a 24' Sandpiper with no slides to this is unreal. We're not going to know what to do with all of the space and storage.

Loved our little trailer. But with us, 2 kids, their friends, and 2 big dogs, it was a tightly packed house.

Jason

CampJKL
07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey hope you got what you needed for the hitch...we've been there done that with almost identical equipment!

KanTC
07-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Our Laredo also has the Lippert 1621... "Pin box Rating 15,500 lbs", as per the Lippert tag. No other 'size-related' info given that I could find.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)