PDA

View Full Version : Furnace not working

Tobygoodale
03-20-2018, 03:21 AM
Furnace worked great when I went to bed.
Woke up freezing, turned furnace back on to a click sound coming from the back ac unit.
Full propane, batteries charged, no blown fuses. Gas at stove and refrigerator.
Please help.

chuckster57
03-20-2018, 03:54 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry it has to be under these circumstances, are you plugged into shore power?

Tobygoodale
03-20-2018, 07:41 AM
Not at this time

travelin texans
03-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Sounds like low/dead batteries. 12 volts is required to operate the control box & fan on the furnace, & water heater & refrigerator & lights.

Tobygoodale
03-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Battery full charge

ChuckS
03-20-2018, 08:37 AM
Maybe it went into lockout mode.. you can clear by turning furnace thermostat completely off. Wait a minute, turn back to furnace selection..

Sequence should be ..
Fan on for about 30 seconds
If sail switch is working then DSI should fire and gas flow control valve should open
Furnace light off occurs..
After 3 failed attempts it will failsafe lock out

Do you hear fan run?
If so do you hear DSI sparking? You can listen outside by furnace vent and hear

If fan doesn’t run and battery is good I’d be looking at furnace control module bad

There are other components in system but fan HAS to work before any other sequence will initiate

Tobygoodale
03-20-2018, 08:51 AM
We just pulled into our destination and the furnace is running

sourdough
03-20-2018, 09:09 AM
You might want to really check those batteries out again.

Ran the furnace at night, no shore power (I'm assuming no generator) so nothing charging batteries-and furnace dies. Plug the trailer into the TV to tow to a new location and the furnace starts running (my assumption from the posts). Sure sounds like the batteries were down and the truck recharged.....just thinking out loud.

Tobygoodale
03-20-2018, 09:20 AM
The truck does not charge, batteries are actually lower now than they were when furnace went out

Steveo57
03-20-2018, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a sticky switch that got unstuck when the trailer got bounced around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

chuckster57
03-20-2018, 12:14 PM
The truck does not charge, batteries are actually lower now than they were when furnace went out

Why not? It should unless someone forgot to hook up the charge line/fuse or relay.

ChuckS
03-20-2018, 01:44 PM
A description of the year, make, model of RV as well as the tow vehicle would help to aid in TS the issue.. curious as to why tow vehicle is not wired to charge batteries.. or battery..

If it isn’t plugged into shore power and no generator was in use at that cold of a temp if only 1 battery available I doubt it would have the reserve capacity to run an RV furnace all nite without killing the battery.

travelin texans
03-20-2018, 03:00 PM
Curious also! If running furnace all night no shore power, no generator, no truck charging, how can the battery/batteries be "fully charged". Rv furnaces are known propane & 12 volt battery hogs.