PDA

View Full Version : Pulling our 245RB

1luv
06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone, We're happy to be able to add a little insight to anyone wondering what type of 1/2 Ton truck you need to pull this PRIMO Travel trailer. After several months of research we decided to purchase the 245RB, because of the floorplan and weight. We pull this trailer with a 2008 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4X4. This truck is WAY MORE TRUCK than I ever expected,(being a FORD man) even compared to my 96 Ford F-150 with a 351ci V-8. The Nismo's 4 litre V-6 has 60 more H.P. and only 15ft lbs LESS torgue than my Ford, and gets 10 mpg pulling our fully loaded 245RB. My Ford gets !0 mpg pulling my single axle landscape trailer, go figure. I did spend extra cash on a trick hitch known as the "Equal-izer" which makes a BIG DIFFERENCE in sway control compared to the out-dated chain-type levelers. We were blasted by some 60 mph side gusts up in Eureka and the truck and trailer acted a one total unit, thanks to the Equal-izer hitch. I can't say enough about that hitch set-up. The Prodigy Trailer brake set-up is Great TOO! Anyway, We love our set-up and hope this novel helps anyone who is wondering about V-6 pulling power. Never got under 50 mph on the steepest grades. Happy Trails:)

antiqfreq
06-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you have many great camping adventures......

Come here and visit often.

Jo
:D