PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom TV Mount

Phdruss
03-19-2018, 04:36 AM
I know there are a lot of posts on this issue however I cannot seem to find a specific answer. I have a 2017 Springdale 302FWRK. There is a mounting location sticker. Does anyone know what is behind the sticker? Is it a backer board, a stud, aluminum plate? By the looks of it I am guessing nothing longer then an 1 1/4 screws??

CaptnJohn
03-19-2018, 09:05 AM
Could be a backer board or metal. Using a slide type of tv mount I added a 1" board to the wall and the slide at the top in my last 5er. Otherwise adding or removing the tv would be a guessing game. I used 1 1/4 for the board (4) and 2 1/4 (4 more) for the bracket. Over 30,000 miles and held tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AussieCanadian
03-19-2018, 09:52 AM
I know there are a lot of posts on this issue however I cannot seem to find a specific answer. I have a 2017 Springdale 302FWRK. There is a mounting location sticker. Does anyone know what is behind the sticker? Is it a backer board, a stud, aluminum plate? By the looks of it I am guessing nothing longer then an 1 1/4 screws??

I have a Hideout 295BHS and mounted a 24" TV in the bedroom.

From experience - I very much doubt that there is a full (floor to roof) stud behind the wall. I found this out the hard way, as I tried to mount vertically higher than where the sticker was (but on the same horizontal) - and there is definitely no stud. I drilled a hole 4" above the sticker, and discovered there is only the 1/8" panel with no backer, hence why I say no wall stud like a traditional house construction.

SO, I would suggest that it's simply a smaller wood backer plate behind that sticker (I say wood as I pre-drilled mount holes, and sawdust came out. Not sure how big the backer plate is exactly, but take my learnings and apply them. I ended up mount 1.5" above the sticker center point, but I wouldn't try and go any higher than that. Ideally, make that sticker the center point of your mount :)

Phdruss
03-21-2018, 03:09 AM
Just a follow up note to conclude my issue:

Obtained a decent stud finder and located a plate behind the decal. Drilled a small hole and discovered it is aluminum. Pushed a 2 inch trim nail through the hole and determined it was just about two inches to the exterior wall, therefore I used 1 1/4 inch screws. Six screws used and mount is securely attached to the wall. The mount I have has a locking tab for traveling to keep the TV from moving.