PDA

View Full Version : What is this for?

Dave B
03-18-2018, 07:55 PM
We have a 2009 Keystone Sprinter trailer and this box is mounted on the wall inside the forward storage compartment.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180319/672286106576b4e083803dec5a46a4e4.jpg

The wording on it talks about using it to program something.

Does anyone know what it is and what it's supposed to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brentw
03-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Looks like the base for a remote control to operate slide, light, stabilizers etc.

JRTJH
03-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Yup, that's the remote control base unit. Somewhere in your RV you "should" find a hand held remote that with the proper "button pushing sequence" will open/close your slides, awning, front landing gear and probably a set of "mood lights" on your front cap.

Brentw
03-19-2018, 06:16 AM
Don't see a brand name on it but I hope you can find it or get a replacement. Not essential obviously, we've lived for years without them. But with electric gear it is nice to be outside watching the gear go down or the slide go out( and stopping before you extend into a tree).

JRTJH
03-19-2018, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure of the "brand" but it is marketed by LCI (Lippert) and all of the data for each of their remote control systems can be located here:

https://www.lci1.com/electronics/support-wireless-transmitters-and-receivers

Dave B
03-19-2018, 07:22 AM
Well, ya learn something new every day.
We bought the trailer used and there's no remote around so I'll have to do some more checking on this. We've lived without it up till now, but as was mentioned it would be nice to extend the slide from outside.
Thank everyone!

JRTJH
03-19-2018, 07:34 AM
LCI has an excellent customer service section. With a couple of photos and some information from the base unit (CS can tell you exactly what they need) it would be easy to identify which hand held unit you'd need to pair the system and have the remote capability. You can contact LCI customer support at 574-537-8900. The will tell you what you need to provide and where to find that info on the base unit.

Hodgy
03-19-2018, 09:40 AM
Who keeps the hand held remote when they sell a trailer ?

chuckster57
03-19-2018, 09:48 AM
Who keeps the hand held remote when they sell a trailer ?

You would be surprised at what isn’t with a unit that is sold/traded in.

Hodgy
03-19-2018, 10:41 AM
You would be surprised at what isn’t with a unit that is sold/traded in.

Probably not, I bought mine that was one year old and all of the manuals were kept by the previous owner. Luckily the stealership called them and they returned the manuals.

So do you sit in your lazyboy and play with the remote and watch the slides on the TT as it sits in your driveway. I do not get some people !

Dave B
03-19-2018, 01:02 PM
LCI has an excellent customer service section. With a couple of photos and some information from the base unit (CS can tell you exactly what they need) it would be easy to identify which hand held unit you'd need to pair the system and have the remote capability. You can contact LCI customer support at 574-537-8900. The will tell you what you need to provide and where to find that info on the base unit.

Thanks!!

ctbruce
03-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Just keep in mind that it may occur (probably will) if you activate "it" with the remote you will have to deactivate "it" with the remote. The switches will not be functional.

It's a safety/design feature.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brentw
03-19-2018, 05:47 PM
Is that a new thing, mine does not do that.

ctbruce
03-20-2018, 02:47 AM
Is that a new thing, mine does not do that.There are lots of posts about using vsrious remotes to open/turn on and trying to close/turn off with the switches that are now overridden and don't work until turned off with the control panel.

My post was not to say it will happen, but that it might. And if it does, here is the fix to save on frustrations.

Dave B
03-20-2018, 08:17 AM
There are lots of posts about using vsrious remotes to open/turn on and trying to close/turn off with the switches that are now overridden and don't work until turned off with the control panel.

My post was not to say it will happen, but that it might. And if it does, here is the fix to save on frustrations.

Am I just misunderstanding, or did you intend to attach a link for the "fix"?

ctbruce
03-20-2018, 08:24 AM
Am I just misunderstanding, or did you intend to attach a link for the "fix"?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWasn't planning to attach a link as there are a lot of them. But if you do a search on the forum for "remote control problem" you will get lots of hits and info on the subject.

The fix I referred to was simply that the issue happened and you have to turn it off the way you turned it on.

mikz86ta
03-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Check around. Our 1 year old unit had the remote tucked away in a cabinent. Charging cable was in another bag. There's supposed to be a mount for it to clip into but that's mia. I used Velcro a d attached it by the control panel.
LCI sells the remote and accessories

Dave B
03-21-2018, 06:43 AM
I called LCI customer support and the lady I spoke with was very helpful.

Thanks all!!