PDA

View Full Version : Water heater pressure valve drip

roadglide
03-18-2018, 05:02 PM
I have 3 year old surburen 11 gal water heater . I have been surfing the web and come across article saying the rv water heater can loose air at the top causing it to drip . I have never heard that before and haven't found any place to replace the air back into the top of the water heater . I guess it make sense any ideas on that theory.

CaptnJohn
03-18-2018, 05:06 PM
I have 3 year old surburen 11 gal water heater . I have been surfing the web and come across article saying the rv water heater can loose air at the top causing it to drip . I have never heard that before and haven't found any place to replace the air back into the top of the water heater . I guess it make sense any ideas on that theory.

Are you saying there is a bladder near the top? Even if so the pressure release valve would be below any bladder which I don't see how that would cause a drip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckster57
03-18-2018, 05:08 PM
The air gap is necessary to allow for expansion when the water is heated. Easiest way to replace it is to just remove the plug/anode rod. Gives you the chance to inspect the rod/tank. Put the rod/plug back in, close the valve. Hook up the water, turn on any hot water tap and when you have steady water stream your done.

shiggs68
03-19-2018, 05:16 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180320/839938888fecccf3881c9f456c38dc37.jpg While this is from the Atwood Service Manual, it also applies to Suburban

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk