PDA

View Full Version : Full timing It

Afrnd2all
03-07-2018, 01:03 PM
I was reading a response under another thread. And someone made the statement that it might not be a good idea to let the factory know that your are using your 5er full time if it's not marketed that way? Not to go in to all the facts but there was structural failure on the sidewall and the guy wanted to speak to the factory directly. Can someone help out this "NEWBIE"? thanks,

dcg9381
03-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Your warranty is void if used for full time living. There is no way that they know that unless you tell them. It's unlikely that "full time" has caused a structural frame failure anyway. Simply put - don't say "I can't bring it in because I live in it full time".

Keystone will require that you bring it in anyway...

Hodgy
03-07-2018, 01:17 PM

Your insurance company will ask if you are using it full time also.

Tinner12002
03-07-2018, 03:01 PM
I was reading a response under another thread. And someone made the statement that it might not be a good idea to let the factory know that your are using your 5er full time if it's not marketed that way? Not to go in to all the facts but there was structural failure on the sidewall and the guy wanted to speak to the factory directly. Can someone help out this "NEWBIE"? thanks,

I believe the OP has had over 2 dozen replies to his issue.

Tbos
03-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Some of Keystone’s products, like the Alpine, are marketed as warranted for Full time living.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

RagingRobert
03-09-2018, 01:38 PM
One of the first questions from insurance was...how often are you using it?
It's like the old auto insurance question....how many kilometers/miles do you drive a day and where? You could lie but it's a problem come claim time :)

goducks
03-10-2018, 07:30 AM
One of the first questions from insurance was...how often are you using it?
It's like the old auto insurance question....how many kilometers/miles do you drive a day and where? You could lie but it's a problem come claim time :)

Owned 3 trailers and my INS never asked that. Guess it depends on the INS Co.

RagingRobert
03-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Maybe it's a Canadian thing like Hodgy @3. Both State Farm and Co-operators ask the how often question. They also want to know if your parked or travelling with the RV. I replied around 5-6 weeks out of the summer at different sites, rest of the time in storage. Just for fun I'll share the cost...$320 for the year (Canadian funds:) full coverage with 2 million liability. I thought it was fair for my RV valued @ $33,000 taxes included.

Hodgy
03-10-2018, 09:48 AM

In Alberta your trailer licence is a one time fee for the plate and you have it for your lifetime. If you attach that licence plate to another trailer you have to go into a registry and change the information, with a charge.

In Alberta the PL & PD of the trailer is covered by the PL & PD of the TV.

The insurance I have on my TT is fire, theft and collision which would cover damage from hail, falling trees, meteorites, etc.

And yes my insurance company wanted to know if I was living in the trailer full time. Although I did not ask, I assume it would cost you more if you were full timing it.