PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Raptor Decal

bschwarz02
03-05-2018, 12:52 PM
I posted a few months ago about getting my front cap Decal warrantied. I took my camper in on Friday and had the warranty denied today. I just called Keystone and they confirmed that they denied the claim, that the decals are only warrantied for 1 year. That sometimes they do a "good will gesture" but since I am the 2nd owner the decal will not be covered. This is BS, anyone have any other experience like this? I called Keystone a few months ago and was told the warranty was 5 years on decals, that is why I took it in to begin with.

Tinner12002
03-05-2018, 01:12 PM
I know its BS but its probably because you are 2nd owner maybe, who knows.

Big Boy w/ Big Toys
03-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Look local and get someone to do a custom wrap of what you want. Will look much better.

AbHDToyHauler
03-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Will they at least sell you the decal?

dcg9381
03-06-2018, 12:17 PM
A decal that will fade in another 3 years? Blah. Paint the darn thing and be done with it.

bschwarz02
03-06-2018, 02:29 PM
I put a few things on Keystone FB page and got this within 2 minutes...

Byron, I'm sorry to hear of the issue with your decal. The 5 year warranty is through the decal vendor and your dealer should be able to get that taken care of for you. If you'd like me to escalate this to our team for more details, please send me your VIN and contact info. We absolutely stand behind our product and will try to help anyway we can.

ctbruce
03-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Just for reference, keep in mind, Keystone covers everything for the first 365 days. After that, the products may be covered by the manufacturer of the part. Most are.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JRTJH
03-06-2018, 05:22 PM
This is the way it's explained in the Keystone Owner's Manual:

"Appliance and component manufacturer warranties, if any, are separate from the Keystone Limited Warranty. Keystone administers those warranties only during the Keystone one (1) year coverage period except for tires, batteries, generators, and ASA supplied electronics. All warranty service claims on components must therefore be directed during the one (1) year coverage period to Keystone through an authorized Keystone dealer or service center.
After the Keystone coverage period expires, all appliance and component warranty claims must be directed to the respective appliance and component manufacturers. Keystone is not warranting any appliance or components. In no way shall Keystone’s Limited Warranty be modified or amended by this provision."

So, technically what the OP was told is correct. Keystone isn't responsible for the decal replacement after the first year. If they do provide assistance as stated on the Facebook page, it's strictly a goodwill gesture. Where the ball got dropped was with the dealership. They should have explained and/or done the legwork. But then, if the OP is the second owner, there may not be a dealer if he bought from a private individual...

bschwarz02
03-07-2018, 03:30 PM
UPDATE..... as of now, Keystone is good willing me new decals. They are sending them to me directly, they will not pay for any removal or install (not a problem for me). Power or social media at its finest!

mikz86ta
03-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Well that worked out well

hdrolling
03-22-2018, 06:37 AM
I was the second owner of my raptor and keystone paid to have my new front decal installed.

mikz86ta
03-22-2018, 09:00 AM
I was the second owner of my raptor and keystone paid to have my new front decal installed.
Cool.
I had read that if still within the warranty period and you had registered on Keystone's website as 2nd owner, they will allow the 2nd owner to claim some warranty items.

hdrolling
03-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Cool.
I had read that if still within the warranty period and you had registered on Keystone's website as 2nd owner, they will allow the 2nd owner to claim some warranty items.

I was out of the one year warranty and never registered my Camper on the official Keystone site, the brochure claimed the decals had a 5 year warranty so I contacted keystone directly and they said yes they would replace it and to just have my local dealer write up a ticket.

Guess I just got lucky