PDA

View Full Version : New generator and a Supco SPP6

tundrwd
03-03-2018, 06:31 AM
Got a new inverter generator last weekend, apparently on closeout at a Kansas City Costco. The Champion 3100/2800 model #10058. Picked it up for $399.97. I'll be breaking it in later today. Does NOT have remote start, but for that price I can "suffer".

Hard to find that exact model number, but I found one Costco ad (this model seems to be unique to Costco?), from April 2017, and it was $749.99.

This one allows the $70 kit to connect two Champion inverter generators to obviously double the wattage.

Also got a Supco SPP6 hard start capacitor, and will look at installing in my Bullet. Probably not today, have winds of 30+mph.

I am curious what others are doing to keep their generators from "walking off" when running them overnite. I've got a couple MasterLock "Python Cables" that I can wrap around the trailer frame and lock up - but wondering what others might be doing.

Tinner12002
03-03-2018, 06:38 AM
Got a new inverter generator last weekend, apparently on closeout at a Kansas City Costco. The Champion 3100/2800 model #10058. Picked it up for $399.97. I'll be breaking it in later today. Does NOT have remote start, but for that price I can "suffer".

Hard to find that exact model number, but I found one Costco ad (this model seems to be unique to Costco?), from April 2017, and it was $749.99.

This one allows the $70 kit to connect two Champion inverter generators to obviously double the wattage.

Also got a Supco SPP6 hard start capacitor, and will look at installing in my Bullet. Probably not today, have winds of 30+mph.

I am curious what others are doing to keep their generators from "walking off" when running them overnite. I've got a couple MasterLock "Python Cables" that I can wrap around the trailer frame and lock up - but wondering what others might be doing.

I have 2 toylock cables mounted on mine that I run through the handle to lock my gen and extra 6gal fuel tank, grill and tables to a set of my steps. No issues to date. If someone wants it bad enough I guess they could cut the cable but if they did, if I was home I'd hear the spring retract on the toylock and it would grab my attention. Otherwise, insur would take care of it.

bfisher003
03-03-2018, 08:34 AM
I keep our Champion 3400 watt in the back of the truck at all times with a padlocked cable and two ratchet straps. Unless it is being used the tonneau cover is over it and locked. When I leave the site it goes with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin texans
03-03-2018, 10:21 AM

99.99% of the parks we've been to have a shut off time for running generators, none allow running at night, THANK GOODNESS!
We've been to a few that it was quieter parked next to the interstate than listening to a 100 generators running all day.

tundrwd
03-03-2018, 01:11 PM
99.99% of the parks we've been to have a shut off time for running generators, none allow running at night, THANK GOODNESS!
We've been to a few that it was quieter parked next to the interstate than listening to a 100 generators running all day.

My intent is strictly to use it "boondocking" in either a Walmart parking lot overnite, or somewhere that we are the only ones there. That's just as we go to our destination.

I agree - very annoying to have generators when you want quiet.