PDA

View Full Version : New/ Replacement Decals....

mskeyspirate
03-01-2018, 07:02 AM
Well...the camper needs a new front cap. I won't go into details on why, because I'd have to point out one of my short comings. But anyway, I was shocked when I got the estimate on the replacement of the new cap, and the decals/stickers, whatever cost just a little more than the cap itself. I mean these things are (in my opinion) are outrageous. Does anyone have any idea of a place to get the replacements at some kind of discount ? I have been considering a custom decal made be a local shop. Let me know ? And thanks.

shooodog
03-01-2018, 07:15 AM
Someone posted this.. Maybe they have what you need
I apologize that I don't remember who..
https://elkrv.com/
Look under RV Graphics

madmaxmutt
03-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Well...the camper needs a new front cap. I won't go into details on why, because I'd have to point out one of my short comings. But anyway, I was shocked when I got the estimate on the replacement of the new cap, and the decals/stickers, whatever cost just a little more than the cap itself. I mean these things are (in my opinion) are outrageous. Does anyone have any idea of a place to get the replacements at some kind of discount ? I have been considering a custom decal made be a local shop. Let me know ? And thanks.

My guy told me it was less that $100 for the 2 swooshes on the side of my trailer. That was with his markup. He said they are available individually.

JRTJH
03-01-2018, 08:56 AM
The cost of removing and replacing decals on an RV is not cheap. There's an article in the current Trailer Life magazine addressing a "face lift" to a 2011 Cameo fifth wheel. http://www.trailerlife.com/rv-gear/changing-an-rvs-stripes/

The owner stated that he had his FILON siding compounded and polished ($600) and a new graphics package with "five year vinyl decals" installed ($3400) for a total of $4000 to essentially "Wash, Wax and put new decals" on his trailer.

The entire graphics package is about $800, the rest of that $3400 is labor.

The front cap on a 2010 Bullet from Trekwood is about $1100 plus shipping. Add removal of the old cap, installation of the new one, application of decals and it could easily reach $3000 for the job.
http://www.trekwood.com/products/20414/Cap-Front-2010-Bullet

Working on RV's ain't cheap if you take it to a dealer with a $100 to $175 an hour labor rate.

Vet4jdc
03-01-2018, 09:47 AM

Contact this guy. He is helping me now. Tell him Jimmy in Virginia Beach sent ya!!!

Steve Zacher

RV Stripes & Graphics, Inc.

www.dontdriveugly.com

[email protected]

480 984 7939

mskeyspirate
03-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Thanks guys, I will check the resources given. Just in a little sticker shock, that was a pun in case no one caught it.