PDA

View Full Version : Alpine deleted dishwashers. Why?

Stanbro
02-28-2018, 07:11 AM
I recently ordered a new Alpine with several options. I specifically wanted an Alpine as it had a dishwasher. I was informed that the dishwasher is no longer available. Try as I might, I could not get them to build it with the dishwasher, even though it is shown in all the current literature.

Does anyone know why, not just a guess, but actually know why they quit installing them?

If you have an Alpine with a dishwasher, have you had any problems?

Javi
02-28-2018, 07:31 AM
Most likely... most folks didn't want them.. I know I was looking at the Alpines but asked that it have an RV fridge and no dishwasher and no washer / dryer...

chuckster57
02-28-2018, 07:34 AM
I’ve had the displeasure of dealing with a dishwasher in an RV. Furrion brand if I remember, all I can say I’d be happy it’s no longer available. Small loads and long run time.

Kansas Gary
02-28-2018, 05:41 PM
We have one in our Alpine. The wife uses it all the time with no problems what’s so ever. Alpine 3401 RS .

Stanbro
02-28-2018, 06:01 PM
We have one in our Alpine. The wife uses it all the time with no problems what’s so ever. Alpine 3401 RS .

Much thanks for the reply. I ordered a 3400RS. I will be installing the dishwasher myself.

How long have you had your Alpine?

notanlines
02-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Fisher and Paykel brand, no problems, very quiet and it does a good job. Wouldn't be without one. My hands don't react well with a lawnmower or dishwater.

chuckster57
02-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Fisher and Paykel brand, no problems, very quiet and it does a good job. Wouldn't be without one. My hands don't react well with a lawnmower or dishwater.

That’s the brand in Tiffen motorhomes, it is a much better unit that the Furrion. That said, we have removed 3 for customers that wanted more drawers.

travelin texans
02-28-2018, 07:55 PM

That's what's in our Redwood & DW says when the one in the house craps out she wants 2 of these stacked. We have a builder friend that's adding them stacked when doing remodels & put them in his home.

Tinner12002
03-01-2018, 03:58 AM
I recently ordered a new Alpine with several options. I specifically wanted an Alpine as it had a dishwasher. I was informed that the dishwasher is no longer available. Try as I might, I could not get them to build it with the dishwasher, even though it is shown in all the current literature.

Does anyone know why, not just a guess, but actually know why they quit installing them?

If you have an Alpine with a dishwasher, have you had any problems?

Because you can't run paper plates through a dishwasher...they were having clogging issues with the paper going down the drain! Just kiddin, not sure why they discontinued them other than less people wanted them.

ChuckS
03-01-2018, 05:28 AM
Most likely too many issues with water leaks and issues winterizing. Mine is an Alpine with no dish washer and no ice maker.. glad I entered have either to worry about. It’s just the wife and I so washing dishes is not an issue... we also occasionally use the fine china ... paper plates...

Don_T
03-01-2018, 08:37 AM
I don’t know why but I think it is a good thing they no longer install them. We wanted outs deleted when we ordered, no way would they.

It doesn’t do a very good job of cleaning.
The dishes need to be nearly clean before they go in it.
We ca’t dit pots and pans in it.
The water supply line was leaking at one of the fittings when new. I had to replace the fittings to get it to stop leaking.
As far as we are concerned, it is a waste of space.

JRTJH
03-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Most RV "drawer dish washers" are too small to do the entire meal's dishes (many pots and pans don't fit), they are noisy to run, so no turning it on when you go to bed and no reading a book in quiet or watching TV next to it while it's running. They are difficult to winterize, take up almost all the drawer space in most RV kitchens, so the trade off of giving up the silverware drawer for a dishwasher that you can't turn on unless you're leaving for an hour or so, makes them a choice most people just don't want to pay for, not use and hassle with every fall.

They haven't been a popular option and as they grew in "standard/no option" packages, people just didn't want to pay for them, so many manufacturers are opting to discontinue them on many models or to make them an extra cost option. Since Keystone keeps pricing down by offering very few options on their trailers, typically a dinette or free standing table or a second air conditioner are the only available options on many lines, apparently Keystone opted to just stop offering dishwashers rather than increase the cost of building it into an optional package. That keeps the build cost for all Alpines lower and makes them "priced in the same range as..."

Ddubya
03-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Thinking about removing ours as we have never used it. I would sell it if someone is interested.

Kansas Gary
03-01-2018, 04:44 PM
We bought it last year in aug. so not real long....

travelin texans
03-01-2018, 08:17 PM
Our P-F brand dishwasher is great, quiet, does a good job cleaning & definitely worth the money. No it won't hold huge pots & pans, but it's just the 2 of us so maybe 1 pot to hand wash per meal. Would absolutely pay for the option, on this brand, again.

Tbos
03-05-2018, 04:26 PM
One of the Alpine district sales reps told me it was to save costs and because they were difficult to install on the production line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk