PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Outback 230RS garage tie down points

motohead690
02-18-2018, 10:32 AM
I just purchased a 2011 Outback 230RS and want to add E-track to the floor in the garage to tie down 2 motorcycles. How solid is the floor? Can the E-track be screwed down to any point in the floor or will I need to find the framing to put screws into. Is there someplace I can find a drawing/schematic that shows the framing without sheeting or ????
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Tom

ctbruce
02-18-2018, 11:14 AM
1. I would not randomly screw into the floor. You have tanks and wiring under there you don't want to hit.
2. Not just Keystone but almost all if the manufacturers do not have or offer drawings or schematics for their products. No there are none.
3. Put into the frame for more secure anchor points.
4. Drop the Coroplast underneath so you can see what and where things are located.
5. Measure twice, drill once.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

travelin texans
02-18-2018, 01:30 PM
I saw my particular brand being built during the factory tour & the frame has crossmembers with 2"×1" aluminum studs/joists on 16" centers running 90 degrees to the crossmembers with 3/4"plywood, not OSB, on top on,the studs/joists. In my case as long as the screws were no more than 2 1/2" long it would fine, not familiar with yours though.