PDA

View Full Version : Ok few questions

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 06:49 AM
2017 springdale 240bhe
$18 K
Is that a good price
That's all in tax and all that
The only draw back is the awning arms are bent!!
Any thoughts
Thanks
John
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180218/20b2689a0fb08e29b9fe9e33ce5b9ce3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tinner12002
02-18-2018, 07:08 AM
I'm looking at a new 2017 240BH for $18,500 and a new 2018 for $18,999. Not sure what the difference is between the BH and the BHE. A good place the check pricing is RVT.com, that's where I found these. So with that being said I'd say their asking price is a bit high for a used unit...like about $3-4K high in my opinion.

Chris P
02-18-2018, 07:10 AM
Is it slightly used? Private seller or dealer? Seams kinda high. Not sure where you are located but you would think this time of year you can get really good deals.

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 07:15 AM
I'm looking at a new 2017 240BH for $18,500 and a new 2018 for $18,999. Not sure what the difference is between the BH and the BHE. A good place the check pricing is RVT.com, that's where I found these. So with that being said I'd say their asking price is a bit high for a used unit...like about $3-4K high in my opinion.18k is all in tax fees ect

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 07:15 AM
18k is all in tax fees ect

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk240bhe
Arctic package
Outside kitchen

KSH
02-18-2018, 09:44 AM
I got the same one new for 17k from my dealer. Not out the door. This was 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Is it slightly used? Private seller or dealer? Seams kinda high. Not sure where you are located but you would think this time of year you can get really good deals.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkCamping world california

busterbrown
02-18-2018, 09:59 AM
Brand new...from a Michigan dealer I purchased my Bullet from:

https://lakeshore-rv.com/springdale-rv/springdale-240bh/l-14618/

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 10:02 AM
Brand new...from a Michigan dealer I purchased my Bullet from:

https://lakeshore-rv.com/springdale-rv/springdale-240bh/l-14618/Michigan
I have family there
Alpena

Yeah I think am going to back out at that price

mjeronimo
02-18-2018, 10:33 AM
I assume you are Vacaville California? I looked at lakeshore but the shipping was 3500 to Cali or the time and gas (probably get 10 mpg with 1/2 ton). And as been stated on this forum, buying from local dealer has its privileges.

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 10:35 AM
I assume you are Vacaville California? I looked at lakeshore but the shipping was 3500 to Cali or the time and gas (probably get 10 mpg with 1/2 ton). And as been stated on this forum, buying from local dealer has its privileges.Yes

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 10:38 AM
I assume you are Vacaville California? I looked at lakeshore but the shipping was 3500 to Cali or the time and gas (probably get 10 mpg with 1/2 ton). And as been stated on this forum, buying from local dealer has its privileges.How did you figure out am in Vacaville
What is your take on this deal

ctbruce
02-18-2018, 11:37 AM
How did you figure out am in Vacaville
What is your take on this deal

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkIt says Vacaville, CA on your member profile. I usually look to see where peeps are from. It's a small world and I have several times ran across people who know people I know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 11:38 AM
It says Vacaville, CA on your member profile. I usually look to see where peeps are from. It's a small world and I have several times ran across people who know people I know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TapatalkWhat about the deal

ctbruce
02-18-2018, 11:50 AM
What about the deal

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkI'd be leary of buying with bent arms. How bad are they bent? How did they get bent? How much would it cost to replace them? (It need to be discounted at least that much.) Is there any underlying damage? It's all inclusive, so how much is the tax and registrstion? The delta between 18000 and the fees is the cost of the sale. I have no idea how those run in CA. Year is 2017, so what are undamaged units selling at for this trailer? Lots more info needed I think besides just the cost.

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 12:10 PM
I'd be leary of buying with bent arms. How bad are they bent? How did they get bent? How much would it cost to replace them? (It need to be discounted at least that much.) Is there any underlying damage? It's all inclusive, so how much is the tax and registrstion? The delta between 18000 and the fees is the cost of the sale. I have no idea how those run in CA. Year is 2017, so what are undamaged units selling at for this trailer? Lots more info needed I think besides just the cost.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TapatalkSo my total cost would be $17,724
That's with tax tags and fees

Personally I think I could straighten the Arms
Awning works goes in and out

sourdough
02-18-2018, 12:39 PM
So my total cost would be $17,724
That's with tax tags and fees

Personally I think I could straighten the Arms
Awning works goes in and out

Seems to me that you are paying almost top dollar for the rig and it has bent awning arms. I would have multiple worries; what bent the arms and how? Did it damage anything else not seen? Also, I'm thinking it's probably a 60/40 bet that they will crack if you try to straighten them. The dealership where I bought mine new bent one of the awning arms while in their possession. When they brought it to my attention I told the service manager I did not want it "repaired", it needed to be replaced. He said they don't try to re-bend awnings for the reason I mentioned and that they never come out satisfactory (in my case new). They installed a new awning. Just fyi. For what appears to be a thousand or so difference from a new one (I did not re-read the thread to get actual posted numbers; using memory:eek:) and if you have to pay to get a new awning seems like you would be coming out on the short end of the stick with this one; plus the new warranty if needed etc. on a new one.

travelin texans
02-18-2018, 03:34 PM
If it's at a dealer the bent arms, possibly new awning, would be replaced, not straightened, on their dime if your paying new price for the rv. Maybe If the the price of of the arm replacement + THEIR labor rate cost deducted from the price I might consider it, then from there the haggling would start.
And it's a year old rv already. If it's been titled, it's a used trailer, whether they drove it off the dealers lot or not.

Chief Mole
02-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Welcome from South Carolina. :camping:

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 06:56 PM
If it's at a dealer the bent arms, possibly new awning, would be replaced, not straightened, on their dime if your paying new price for the rv. Maybe If the the price of of the arm replacement + THEIR labor rate cost deducted from the price I might consider it, then from there the haggling would start.
And it's a year old rv already. If it's been titled, it's a used trailer, whether they drove it off the dealers lot or not.Yeah

Thanks for the info
I ended the deal

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Seems to me that you are paying almost top dollar for the rig and it has bent awning arms. I would have multiple worries; what bent the arms and how? Did it damage anything else not seen? Also, I'm thinking it's probably a 60/40 bet that they will crack if you try to straighten them. The dealership where I bought mine new bent one of the awning arms while in their possession. When they brought it to my attention I told the service manager I did not want it "repaired", it needed to be replaced. He said they don't try to re-bend awnings for the reason I mentioned and that they never come out satisfactory (in my case new). They installed a new awning. Just fyi. For what appears to be a thousand or so difference from a new one (I did not re-read the thread to get actual posted numbers; using memory:eek:) and if you have to pay to get a new awning seems like you would be coming out on the short end of the stick with this one; plus the new warranty if needed etc. on a new one.Thanks for your reply
I ended the deal

ctbruce
02-18-2018, 07:49 PM
I'm sure that another better deal will come your way. Keep looking, that's half the fun.

MBSKI
02-18-2018, 07:58 PM
I'm sure that another better deal will come your way. Keep looking, that's half the fun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TapatalkAlready found it

notanlines
02-19-2018, 03:28 AM
C'mon, Ski, you allowed everyone to rain on your first parade, you need to give us a chance to cheer your next parade. What's the deal and what did you buy? (inquiring minds want to know)

MBSKI
02-19-2018, 05:14 AM
C'mon, Ski, you allowed everyone to rain on your first parade, you need to give us a chance to cheer your next parade. What's the deal and what did you buy? (inquiring minds want to know)Sorry

Lol

I just didn't feel right!
I posted what I was buying on Facebook keystone site
As I was on my way to go purchase a distribution hitch off of Craigslist
Some one offered up there 2017 270le with all kinds of aftermarket items add on!
At a price a like

Only draw back right now is
Getting here too central California from Indiana

I will keep everyone posted

Tinner12002
02-19-2018, 05:43 AM
Am I understanding you bought an RV in IN and now you need it towed to CA? If I read that correctly, you could either contact any of the RV transport companies up in northern IN and I'm sure they could get it done for you, at a price of course. Or you could look online and that shipping co called ship-it I think, they were made popular by the show shipping wars. Basically several companies bid on shipping your RV.

chuckster57
02-19-2018, 05:55 AM
We pay about $3500.00 to have an RV towed from Indiana to our dealership.

Tinner12002
02-19-2018, 06:05 AM
We pay about $3500.00 to have an RV towed from Indiana to our dealership.

That sounds kinda high but I also realize your paying a transporting company so they have to make money as well as the driver. I was thinking I could easily tow one out there for $2500 though I'm not insured to tow commercially, but that price puts a $1000 in my pocket after fuel both ways, not counting the free sightseeing on the way back!:D

fourfourto
02-19-2018, 06:17 AM
The dealer bent my arm also when resetting spring ,they don't sell individual arms they replaced both sides complete assembly.

That was last year now I have problem with spring again the awning wont go in( got it in but had to manually twist it) ,there taking a look at it in the spring and most likely replace complete tube.

chuckster57
02-19-2018, 07:43 AM
You can get one arm. We have done it many times.

notanlines
02-19-2018, 08:14 AM
From what other transporters have posted here and other sites the going rate is in the neighborhood of $1.50/mile. I further suspect that Chuckster should know what he's talking about (he does have that history, after all).

chuckster57
02-19-2018, 01:29 PM
IIRC the GM commented that our dealership uses one transport company and negotiated a discount rate to be exclusive.