PDA

View Full Version : Arctic package

Bestoma
02-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Can anyone tell me what the Arctic package is on my 2013 Montana 5th? I'm looking to see if I have heated holding tanks! Thanks!

bobbecky
02-13-2018, 07:39 PM
We have a 2012, and other than the insulation in the walls and the roof area, there is the foil backed bubble wrap on top of the coroplast belly. I don't think there are any tank heaters on a 2013, but not sure when they started installing them, unless someone retro fitted them in the rig you have. Factory installs have three additional unmarked switches for the tank heaters, I believe.

We don't have the tank heaters, and have survived single digit temps without anything freezing just by using the furnace. Sounds like a nice upgrade, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle to install them.

PARAPTOR
02-13-2018, 10:38 PM
We have a 2012, and other than the insulation in the walls and the roof area, there is the foil backed bubble wrap on top of the coroplast belly. I don't think there are any tank heaters on a 2013, but not sure when they started installing them, unless someone retro fitted them in the rig you have. Factory installs have three additional unmarked switches for the tank heaters, I believe.

We don't have the tank heaters, and have survived single digit temps without anything freezing just by using the furnace. Sounds like a nice upgrade, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle to install them.

x2 on 2013 Raptor Arctic package

Bestoma
02-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought. I don't have the extra switches!

Dave W
02-15-2018, 04:46 AM
On most of these RV the 'heated' tanks are nothing more then a piece of flex piping from the furnace blowing some hot air into the belly. I blocked the one on our last, and SOB, and increased the heat flow into the main living area. The current one so far doesn't seem to need the extra air flow.

There are after market sources such as here if you need holding tank heaters: http://www.ultraheat.com/selecting-a-tank-heater

chuckster57
02-15-2018, 06:22 AM
If there is a switch for a tank heater then that tank has a heating pad.

travelin texans
02-15-2018, 08:20 AM
As mentioned earlier, Artic, Polar, 4 Seasons simply means they added a small amount (usually very small) of insulation in the underbelly, not recommended for use in the Artic, which makes it a little better in very cold weather. We've been in single digit temps with 40+ mph winds making the chill factor well below zero & other than the park faucet have managed without freezing up, but my furnace duct is still blowing into the underbelly & water hose is heated.

Tinner12002
02-15-2018, 01:04 PM
I don't like living in cold weather so I'm pretty sure I won't be camping in cold weather! Lol! Hats off to those that do...oh wait you better keep your hat on its cold!

cpaulsen
02-18-2018, 04:41 PM
Our 2018 has tank heaters