PDA

View Full Version : Hello from northern Wisconsin

jbelany
02-06-2018, 07:59 AM
Good morning all,

New to this forum and 5th wheel ownership. I have had the same Jayco pop-up for 16 years and have been putting my pennies in the bank with a 5th wheel in mind for most of this time. Having retired three weeks ago after 30 years in public safety and 3 in the Air Force, my wife and I bought a 2010 Keystone 327RES yesterday in Ramsey, MN.

We've been watching this particular unit since last fall, and fortunately it was still waiting patient for us. The unit turned out to be much cleaner and well cared for than we anticipated or judged by the photos, so we bought without hesitation.

Being determined and frugal (my wife may use the word stubborn), a new B&W slider hitch went into the truck several weeks ago as an afternoon project; very thankful I did it myself and very pleased with the results.

I am looking forward to participating in this forum and meeting some of you folks!

Joe

notanlines
02-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Joe, if you and Momma bought the one for sale at Pleasureland RV you got quite a deal. I went with my brother-in-law for him to look at RV's late last fall and they had one then. It was VERY nice, but more than his 1500 could pull. Not that their salesman would tell him that.
By the way, welcome to the forum from someone who grew up in Rice Lake.

Hodgy
02-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Welcome from Alberta.

PARAPTOR
02-06-2018, 09:55 AM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your upgrade and retirement. It only gets better :dance:

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping:

5J's
02-06-2018, 02:18 PM
Welcome from SE Texas!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

texas-traveler
02-06-2018, 02:39 PM
welcome from Moody Texas

Pull Toy
02-06-2018, 03:02 PM
BOY!!! Northern Wisconsin in a Pop_Up for 16 years ... Your heartier than me! As I recall Wisconsin only has two seasons, WINTER AND THE FOURTH OF JULY!!! LOL

Welcome to a great bunch of people, sharing a great deal of combined expertise, and knowledge. If we can't help you fix it... it isn't broken!

Enjoy your new rig, and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE !!!

Good Luck,

MarcS
02-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jbelany
02-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Thank you everyone. Notanlines, I am actually from Ladysmith. Moved to Lake Superior 25 years ago. We bought the exact unit which you speak, and couldn't be happier.

Pull_Toy, let's just say I'm no novice to fixing the small furnaces when the chips are on the table! :lol: I lived out of that thing for 12 days in northwest Montana during November 2005, at which time the furnace simply did not work. I think I finally warmed up yesterday....

Joe

Chief Mole
02-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Welcome from South Carolina. :campfire:

TAZ23
02-07-2018, 03:01 AM
Welcome from the other side of Northern Wisconsin, Have fun and happy travels.
Hey Pull Toy you have been misinformed, our two seasons in the Wisconsin north woods are shoveling and swatting

John&Tweety
02-07-2018, 05:56 AM
Congratulations on retirement and your fifth wheel! This forum is loaded with great information and people willing to help with questions and problems.Happy Trails!