PDA

View Full Version : Passport 195RB heigth

linux3
02-02-2018, 12:09 PM
The Keystone site says my TT is 10'4".
Humm, is that with the AC on the roof? How do I find out just how tall it really is?

Other than going under progressively lower bridges till something scrapes.

JRTJH
02-02-2018, 12:23 PM
The easiest (and probably most efficient) way is to park your trailer on a concrete level surface. Get a 2x4 that is long enough to go across your RV and extend beyond the sides. Use a level to make sure the 2x4 is level, then without moving anything, measure BOTH sides of the 2x4 from the surface that touches the tallest part of your trailer's roof to the concrete. Take the measurement on each side and compare the two. They should be the same (if the concrete is level and the 2x4 is level). That's your trailer height, measured by you, confirmed by two measurements and verified by the comparison of each measurement to be the same.....

ADDED: Do the measurement while the RV is hitched and the entire rig is "as it would be when towing"... If you unhitch and level the trailer (front to back) you'll introduce an error in your height if the tallest part is on the front or the rear of your trailer. So, measure it as it's hitched, ready to tow.

Steve/
02-09-2018, 03:47 PM
I just went out and measure to the roof, it is right at 9 feet from the ground, I measure at the wheels. I would think the 10' 4" would cover anything on the roof.

JRTJH
02-09-2018, 04:21 PM
The air conditioner shroud sits about 16" above the roof on most trailers.

ctbruce
02-11-2018, 06:15 AM
JRTJH's way gives an absolute height. Your way??? You won't have clearance issues.....maybe. I'd suggest being accurate rather than just close enough for government work. But, it's your choice, not ours, what you do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk