PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Texas

fixn2gocamp
02-02-2018, 07:52 AM
Anyone have any first hand recommendations for around Alpine Texas, give or take a few miles on the US90 corridor? Didn't want to stay at the SP because of lack of any cel/internet service. Looking for about 3-4 days in late March, early April. Would like to find a park that is not 99% workers and full timers. See a couple of parks on the review sites for the city of Alpine, but most do say that they are largely full timers. Looking for a park that is quiet, clean and still looking for travelers.

Thanks for any suggestions. :whistling:

BigTexRex
02-02-2018, 01:31 PM
Lost Alaskan RV Park...loved our stay.

fixn2gocamp
02-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the recommendation BigTex....I talked to them today. They have a pretty high rate of "permies"....but she assured us it was quiet and clean. Forgot to ask her about width of spaces, do you remember are they pretty close? She said they are all very long.

sourdough
02-02-2018, 04:48 PM
From our experiences it seems that lots of RV parks are accumulating more and more "permies" or full time residents. That would reflect the move of more and more into RVs as a home and the lack of new camping facilities. We have stayed in locations with quite a few permies but they've never posed a problem with the exception of constant noise/activity when the get up at 6am to go to work and come in from 5-8pm.....usually with some sort of loud exhaust unfortunately. That's not to say that I'm not always on high alert.

BigTexRex
02-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the recommendation BigTex....I talked to them today. They have a pretty high rate of "permies"....but she assured us it was quiet and clean. Forgot to ask her about width of spaces, do you remember are they pretty close? She said they are all very long.

Very nice spacing, plenty long and TREES, which is rare in this part of Texas. It was a very clean park.

buffalobillh
03-29-2018, 10:15 AM
Another vote here for Lost Alaskan. Plenty of room, nice facilities, close to fuel, groceries, and activities.