PDA

View Full Version : Laramie, WY camping

vampress_me
02-01-2018, 05:48 PM
We are heading out west again this summer. A few days are going to be spent in Laramie so DD can tour the University (yay!). Does anyone have any recommendations for campgrounds in the area? There is the KOA in town, but I'm not finding much else. My ideal is full hook-ups, if possible. And I'm not totally convinced I want to drive back and forth from Cheyenne for a couple of days, but maybe that's what we do!

mraynie
02-01-2018, 06:14 PM
We stayed at that KOA this past summer. It's on the small size, in what could be a seedy area but isn't. It's actually pretty nice, the staff was courteous and the bathrooms clean. We were tent camping there and also stayed in one of the camping cabins. HTH.

Alpine
02-01-2018, 08:04 PM
We have stayed there twice (one nighters at KOA) as it is pretty much the only game in town! Stones throw from the freeway. You won't be sending "bragging photos" home! Wyoming is pretty skinny on RV Parks along 80. The town itself is pretty cool. We walked the town & there is a neat walkway over the railroad yard.

vampress_me
02-01-2018, 08:17 PM
We actually went to college there 20-ish years ago. That's why I'm excited our DD may want to go there. But when we lived there, of course we didn't pay any attention to campgrounds. Then, it was a tent at Curt Gowdy, if possible, and climbing around on Vedauwoo. That's why I thought I'd ask! Thank you guys!

I'm just about drooling though hoping the little grocery store on the west side of the railroad tracks is still there and still sells breakfast burritos. Serious yum!

Owl
02-01-2018, 09:35 PM
I grew up in Cheyenne and you’re right, there aren’t a lot of full hookup campgrounds. I was going to suggest Vedauwoo and Curt Gowdy also as far as decent camping but as you know they don’t have hookups. Have fun and Go Pokes.

Tinner12002
02-02-2018, 04:32 AM
I looked on my map to see what was there also, KOA was only thing that came up on my ParkAdviser app. Has good reviews other than the WIFI has a bunch to be desired. Only other spots were a little farther away to the southwest than Cheyenne.