PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

MG72B
02-01-2018, 10:58 AM
I have a 2016 Cougar 26rls. The black tank flush handle is a 96" cable which I have had trouble with. I am not happy having to crawl under the RV to close the valve with a pair of pliers, so.
I am thinking of upgrading to an electric valve. I am hoping some of you have done this and would recommend a brand or any other comments.
I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance

jsmith948
02-01-2018, 11:17 AM
I have a 2016 Cougar 26rls. The black tank flush handle is a 96" cable which I have had trouble with. I am not happy having to crawl under the RV to close the valve with a pair of pliers, so.
I am thinking of upgrading to an electric valve. I am hoping some of you have done this and would recommend a brand or any other comments.

Thanks in advanceWe had an issue with a valve. The way they had routed the cable, it was almost kinked. I had removed the valve body from the tank in order to check its function. I re-installed the valve 180* from the way it was, which allowed for a more gradual curve in the cable. Works great now.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

notanlines
02-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Rick, I have no experience at all with an electric valve, but I do know that Valtera probably knows all there is to know. Start here and let us know what you do.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Valterra-EZ-Valve-Electric-Waste-Valve-System-p/89-8499.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8PGU2PqF2QIVgx2BCh1u8AB PEAYYByABEgJAa_D_BwE&gdffi=d722fab84a06472899ce2a16e4d2ed3f&gdfms=8F513FF8CA3E490D9F7DED7E70055C6A

Tbos
02-02-2018, 03:32 PM
I’ve often thought this would be an outstanding mod to make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B-O-B'03
02-02-2018, 05:01 PM

Thanks in advance

If it had a wireless remote, I think it sounds like a great idea, report back what you find :)

Tinner12002
02-03-2018, 04:52 AM
If it had a wireless remote, I think it sounds like a great idea, report back what you find :)

Someone makes them because I've seen them talked about on a larger and more expensive MH. Now if they had a remote controlled flex pipe hook up to dump then were really talking!! Lol!

MG72B
05-20-2018, 07:56 AM
Hello, It,s been awhile since i first posted this. I finally order the electric gate valve and it came in yesterday. I hope sometime next week I will be able to install it. I purchased a "DRAIN MASTER VALVE" www.drianmaster.com. I also bought a new Cable in case we're on the road and have to do a replacement. (just for backup). Once I get it in and operating I will let everyone know how it works. There are 2 versions, The Pro Series and the Premium Series. I purchased the Premium. After shipping and cable cost it came to a little over $200. Can't wait to try it.
Rick

MG72B
05-24-2018, 08:46 AM
Today I installed the electric gate valve for the Black tank. It took me about 2 hours but I was by myself. Two people could do it in about 1 hour. After the installation I added water to the tank. "NOT LEAKING". That was a good feeling. Next was to wire it. I found a 12 volt wire close to my water tank. So that's where I would put the switch. I bought some wire splicers and did all the connections and mounted the switch in the panel that hides the tank. Now for the test. I push the button the light comes on and water starts flowing.
Yes, everything works as says. We are leaving for a cross country in July, I will post if something happens.

Tbos
05-26-2018, 05:59 PM
Glad it’s working well. Enjoy your trip.