PDA

View Full Version : Dinette Table Super Wobbly

jghigh
01-24-2018, 09:24 AM
I have a 2015 Keystone Hideout 28BHS and the dinette table in it is one of those collapsable ones that isn't screwed to the floor. The actual table wobbles so bad we can't even eat on it for fear of drinks being spilled everywhere. Anyone else experience this and what did you do about it?

Frank G
01-24-2018, 06:11 PM
I have a 2015 Keystone Hideout 28BHS and the dinette table in it is one of those collapsable ones that isn't screwed to the floor. The actual table wobbles so bad we can't even eat on it for fear of drinks being spilled everywhere. Anyone else experience this and what did you do about it?

Post a picture and you will get more responses. Where does it wobble?

jghigh
01-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Here is a pic of the table. The entire top wobbles.

Alpine
01-24-2018, 08:29 PM
If you never take it outside or use the dinette as a bed... why couldn't you put four screws into the outmost four legs and into the floor? Mine is attached that way and is solid. If you try it don't have your screw too long! Mind you our table is in a slide-out as well.

dutch101
01-25-2018, 03:43 AM
we had the same problem , had it replaced with two round tubes that you take apart when traveling ,most older models have those .

jghigh
01-25-2018, 04:33 AM
If you never take it outside or use the dinette as a bed... why couldn't you put four screws into the outmost four legs and into the floor? Mine is attached that way and is solid. If you try it don't have your screw too long! Mind you our table is in a slide-out as well.

It's not that the bottom is not sturdy, I'm fine with that. It's like at the joint where it collapses and up just moves a ton. You can't really sit and eat with drinks or expect them to be thrown in the floor. Seems like a really bad design by Keystone.

jghigh
01-25-2018, 04:33 AM
And they worked. Not sure what they were thinking with this style table.

Bisjoe
01-25-2018, 06:29 AM
I have that one too. The feet are adjustable, mine wobbled because they needed adjusting, but I also placed a small rug under it and now no more wobble. If yours is the top wobbling on the stand, perhaps loose screws under the top? If it's the moveable part, it could just be defective and need replacing.What I find annoying is the way that it collapses to form the bed, but it's mostly just my wife and I so not usually a problem. If no longer on warranty, you might look for a replacement that has the two posts and mounts to the floor, then fabricate two shorter pipes for holding the bed when needed.