PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a trailer! Beaverton, Oregon

ralphyboy
01-22-2018, 09:26 AM
My wife and I finally got our first trailer after wanting one for 35 years since our cross country honeymoon. Got a used 2006 Outback 26 RLS. Can't wait to take it on weekend outings and eventually upgrade to something newer in several years when we retire.
Unfortunately, the RV storage lot where I keep it parked is packed so tight, I destroyed the awning when I pulled it out the first time. The rear arm got caught on the next rig's extended metal mirrors, and while his mirror didn't even get a scratch, it completely ripped off my rear awning arm. I managed some repairs and it does roll out, but I need to climb a ladder to hand roll it back up. I guess that's why they call it my "first" trailer. LOL. And yes, I'm trying to find an opening in another storage lot with more space, though everyone seems full.
Anyway, can't let that weigh me down, I'm sure it's the first of many things I'll have to go through.
Happy trails to all...and in my case, hopefully in nice weather where an awning isn't needed!

Hodgy
01-22-2018, 09:37 AM

Welcome from Alberta. Good people here with lots of answers.

sourdough
01-22-2018, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new to you trailer! Don't let the damage get you down, just figure out what needs to be done and get her fixed up so you can get out and enjoy it when camping season gets here. And yes, I have no doubt you will have many more things that need attention; that's part of camping and RV ownership - the FUN....the FUN and memories you make will far outweigh any inconveniences you may encounter:D

5J's
01-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Welcome from SE Texas. Don't worry about those thing. Pick up the pieces and carry on with the fun. Enjoy your trailer and the forum.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

LarrySharon
01-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Welcome from Rainier, Or. :) Enjoy.

srvnt
01-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Welcome! My oldest son moved to Hillsboro where there are no rv parks to speak of nearby when we visit. I did find that the fairgrounds there in Hillsboro have about 12 nice spots with water and electric and in Oregon its easy to find a dump station like down the street at the treatment plant, for free. Where is your first trip going to be?

DocWMB
01-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the Forum and to RV'ing, from nearby Newberg. As someone who has had some little incidents in getting into and out of spaces, I can empathize with your loss of awning. Hopefully not too difficult to get it fixed.

rhagfo
01-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Welcome! My oldest son moved to Hillsboro where there are no rv parks to speak of nearby when we visit. I did find that the fairgrounds there in Hillsboro have about 12 nice spots with water and electric and in Oregon its easy to find a dump station like down the street at the treatment plant, for free. Where is your first trip going to be?

Depends on your definition of nearby? LL Stub Stewart SP is like 25 West of Hillsboro all 50’ FHU sites. DW and I Hosted summers there while working full time, we wanted to really see if we wanted to do this in retirement.

This is also a great park for a shake down trip, close to town, for the items you forgot.

Tbos
01-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your new to you rig. Have fun.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

Sherwolfe
01-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Welcome from Independence, Oregon. Be sure and check this forum often for lots of great advice and ideas to help you truly enjoy your new trailer.

PARAPTOR
01-22-2018, 09:45 PM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new to you Outback! Enjoy :dance:

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping:

MarcS
01-23-2018, 03:11 AM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ralphyboy
01-23-2018, 12:18 PM
we joined Thousand trails for a year, so that's our plan for camping right now, Mostly the coast for weekends

bfam5
01-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Welcome from Hillsboro! Have fun with your adventures. We're planning cross country trip this summer.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

ulua
01-24-2018, 06:24 AM
From Hillsboro , I joined Thousand trails a few years ago. If you go to the seaside location, do not try to make a right turn on 12th ave from 101, it is very very tight and you wont be able to do it with cars trying to make a left on to 101, I usually take S Sundquist Rd - less traffic and room to swing wide. Happy camping.