PDA

View Full Version : New TT Owner

kinggartk
01-16-2018, 07:23 AM
I am currently trading in a 1995 Coleman Utah Popup for a shiny new Keystone Bullet 2510BH.

This will be our first Travel Trailer. Hopefully picking it up this Saturday January 20th.

We've found a dealer that gets pretty good Yelp/google ratings...which seems to be kinda rare for RV dealers (at least in our area).

Be gentle...we're still learning.

MarcS
01-16-2018, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the forum from Fowlerville Michigan!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sourdough
01-16-2018, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new trailer! Moving from a pop up to a full sized trailer is a very nice upgrade (we did as well). Happy camping and keep in mind that there's a lot of good folks and info here so stay tuned.

Hodgy
01-16-2018, 09:39 AM

Welcome from the Alberta Foothills.

cardinal96ss
01-16-2018, 09:54 AM
Welcome also from eastern NE.

Pbtman
01-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Congrats. Welcome to the Forum from SW Missouri.

Ksupaul
01-16-2018, 07:19 PM
I beat you by by 15 days. Already went out in the Kansas Cold! Congrats!! Learning as well!!

busterbrown
01-16-2018, 09:44 PM
I am currently trading in a 1995 Coleman Utah Popup for a shiny new Keystone Bullet 2510BH.

This will be our first Travel Trailer. Hopefully picking it up this Saturday January 20th.

We've found a dealer that gets pretty good Yelp/google ratings...which seems to be kinda rare for RV dealers (at least in our area).

Be gentle...we're still learning.

Welcome and congrats. Remember to bring a copy of a PDI checklist to help walk you though the systems, components, and construction of your new coach. Technically, the pre-delivery inspection should have been performed by the dealership prior to your arrival. The delivery checklist (very similar to the PDI) will organize your time in finding any manufacturer defects or faults. The dealer will have already tested major components (ie HVAC system, refrigeration, plumping). Focus on things like cabinet drawers, entry door dead bolts, wood accent trim. Cosmetic things may be remedied prior to hitching up.

Here's (goo.gl/fXRbDW) a link of the "RV Walkthrough Checklist" I used at the time of my delivery. I spend the better part of 3 hours touching outside walls, windows, wood trim, carpeting, countertops, cabinets, doors, lights, shades, faucets, and fixtures. Finding "defects" prior to delivery can help expedite the repair process, especially in today's RV booming industry.

Good luck and ask away if you have any questions.

notanlines
01-17-2018, 02:09 AM
I concur with everything said above, especially from Buster. And make them operate everything TWICE.

earlzach
01-17-2018, 02:44 AM
Welcome from Southern New Jersey!! "Eagles" country!! lol
Good luck with the new trailer. Come back soon and look around the site. You will find some interesting stuff to help you along the way. Heck share the things you know to help us!! lol Most of all Great news and wish you the very best!

kinggartk
01-17-2018, 02:44 AM
Welcome and congrats. Remember to bring a copy of a PDI checklist to help walk you though the systems, components, and construction of your new coach. Technically, the pre-delivery inspection should have been performed by the dealership prior to your arrival. The delivery checklist (very similar to the PDI) will organize your time in finding any manufacturer defects or faults. The dealer will have already tested major components (ie HVAC system, refrigeration, plumping). Focus on things like cabinet drawers, entry door dead bolts, wood accent trim. Cosmetic things may be remedied prior to hitching up.

Here's (goo.gl/fXRbDW) a link of the "RV Walkthrough Checklist" I used at the time of my delivery. I spend the better part of 3 hours touching outside walls, windows, wood trim, carpeting, countertops, cabinets, doors, lights, shades, faucets, and fixtures. Finding "defects" prior to delivery can help expedite the repair process, especially in today's RV booming industry.

Good luck and ask away if you have any questions.

Thank you for the advice.

Tinner12002
01-17-2018, 03:07 AM
Welcome to the forum from NW IN.

5J's
01-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Welcome from SE Texas. Congrats on the new trailer.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

TheGriz
01-17-2018, 05:04 PM
:wlcm: to the forum. Lot's of great folks here and a wealth of knowledge and experience from the braintrust!

:camping:Enjoy your new RV and may you be making many lifetime memories!!!:marshmallow:

Regards,
Mike