PDA

View Full Version : Show your tips!

earlzach
01-15-2018, 02:42 PM
Anyone interested in a tips for safety or just things we have figured out? The idea for this thread is to post a camping tip or truck that may be helpful for all.
Try to keep all short and informative. I'll start.

Keep a fire extinguisher in the tow vehicle as well.

CrazyCain
01-15-2018, 02:46 PM
Swim noodles on the arms of the awning so you don't knock yourself out when you slam into them, like I do...:banghead:

fourfourto
01-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Loop a wire for the trailer plug to have running lights on when camping.
Or
use a old female plug looped and just plug it in.
NOT recommended for dry camping:D

Tbos
01-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Loop a wire for the trailer plug to have running lights on when camping.

Or

use a old female plug looped and just plug it in.

NOT recommended for dry camping:D

Which pins are used for the loop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tbos
01-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Always make sure your dump valves are closed before you take off the cover.

Willie & Bev
01-15-2018, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=Tbos;269639]Always make sure your dump valves are closed before you take off the cover.

I won't ask how you know this! LOL

ctbruce
01-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Chock BEFORE unhitching, not after. Doing this backwards can lead to a tense couple of seconds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

earlzach
01-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Chock BEFORE unhitching, not after. Doing this backwards can lead to a tense couple of seconds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using TapatalkBeen there with the brand new trailer. Almost rolled into a tree. 3 inches!!!!!!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

ctbruce
01-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Been there with the brand new trailer. Almost rolled into a tree. 3 inches!!!!!!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using TapatalkBingo!

CrazyCain
01-15-2018, 06:08 PM

Tail-running lights and the 12V pins ( 7 pin connector anyway)

slow
01-15-2018, 06:19 PM

I made this box to have the lights flash during an emergency without the TV: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=673

It is mounted on the back of my propane tank cover.

fourfourto
01-15-2018, 06:28 PM

I put one on the ground then poke around always forget to mark it:facepalm:

kfxgreenie
01-15-2018, 06:57 PM
I think my tip is the biggest so far. :devil:

Image courtesy of google. (Not my Truck):lol:

sandy43
01-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Ref slow's post: You can do the same thing with an auto flasher plugged into the same cord you plug in your truck. Works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DKJTVW/ref=psdc_15729651_t3_B0031GYS6W

Jetfixer03
01-15-2018, 09:26 PM
Been there, done that! Good idea.

NealBlue
01-16-2018, 07:36 AM
Getting back to tips instead of annoying your neighbors with light pollution, put swim noodles on the edges of your slides when out.

earlzach
01-16-2018, 07:43 AM
Try to keep TV AWAY from trailer enough in case of emergency evacuation. No need in losing both.

notanlines
01-16-2018, 12:23 PM
I was reminded today that when installing a rheostat to replace a light switch for those above the headboard, it is important to connect positive to positive. (I knew that):banghead:

cardinal96ss
01-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Short lengths of swimming noodle slit lengthwise to slip onto the edge of the slides that are at "head height". Cutting a notch allows the noodle to turn the edge corner.

Pull Toy
01-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Good Luck,

jsmith948
01-16-2018, 03:21 PM
NEVER allow yourself to be distracted by the buxom young lass on the bicycle.
Being married to a woman of Italian heritage, I found that to be VERY hazardous (you could also have an accident).:D

notanlines
01-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Jack, remember what my old pappy used to say: "When you're through looking, you're through." However my DW of 46 years reminds me on occasion that looking does not in any form include touching.

kfxgreenie
01-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Jack, remember what my old pappy used to say: "When you're through looking, you're through." However my DW of 46 years reminds me on occasion that looking does not in any form include touching.

Soooooo just don't sit on sniffers row? :lol::lol::lol: Ok that was not appropriate for a family friendly forum. :nonono::nonono:

dwall
01-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Great idea. I will be doing this this weekend.

ike66
01-16-2018, 05:49 PM
1. Don’t sweat the petty stuff and
Don’t pet the sweaty stuff

2.When boondocking an LED motion light by the door lights up the way on a late night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vampress_me
01-16-2018, 06:50 PM

My dad always says "I'm married, I'm not dead!"

My response to my hubby has always been "you can't bring anything home". But I'm thinking that will have to change to what your wife says. I like it better! :D

But I forgot the camping part - a solar powered Luci light work great hanging from the pin box at night so kids don't run into it.

roadglide
01-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Paint the lock latch red on the fifer hitch , when you do walk around it's easy to see that all the moving parts look the same.

roadglide
01-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Also have the lady of the rig follow after you and get all the stuff you missed .

Ken / Claudia
01-16-2018, 09:52 PM
Save money and drive the speed limit. I give that tip out often.

SAABDOCTOR
01-17-2018, 07:17 AM
I put the noodle on the slide above my pass through door. I've whacked that corner more time that i car to admit!:banghead:

Alley Cat
01-17-2018, 01:17 PM
I removed the anode rod to replace it a couple years ago. I noticed the threads where contaminated so I cut 4 groves at right angles to the threads on the old rod with a mini grinder and 1/16" cutting disc. The last thing was to cut the old anode off. I use it like a tap yearly it keeps the threads clean and makes the new anode easier to install.

TheGriz
01-17-2018, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Tbos;269639]Always make sure your dump valves are closed before you take off the cover.

I won't ask how you know this! LOL

I KNOW!!! :eek: The valve on the second grey tank was left open when TT was picked up from dealer (unknown to me). SURPRISE on first camping trip with new TT after four days at CG!!!!! Great tip!

MarcS
01-17-2018, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=Willie & Bev;269663]

I KNOW!!! :eek: The valve on the second grey tank was left open when TT was picked up from dealer (unknown to me). SURPRISE on first camping trip with new TT after four days at CG!!!!! Great tip!At least it was the grey tank valve and not the black!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dorrie
01-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Getting back to tips instead of annoying your neighbors with light pollution, put swim noodles on the edges of your slides when out.Yes or you might end up with 5 staples in your head

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Alley Cat
01-17-2018, 07:10 PM
Knowing that the cable driven black and grey tank valves can fail at the most inconvenient times I installed a gate valve before the cover. Whether I need it or not it is cheap insurance.

roadglide
01-17-2018, 09:21 PM
Knowing that the cable driven black and grey tank valves can fail at the most inconvenient times I installed a gate valve before the cover. Whether I need it or not it is cheap insurance.
I carry a new gate valve with the rig you can never tell when one will start leaking .

scottz
01-17-2018, 10:23 PM

Jump pins 3 & 4 to turn on your running lights.

notanlines
01-18-2018, 01:14 AM
What Roadglide and AlleyCat both said. That gate valve on the end will save you one day. Maybe not today, but just like on Candid Camera..."when you least expect it."

jsmith948
01-18-2018, 05:41 AM
Get out and visually check the height of your pin box in relation to the hitch plate - every time.

After connecting, get out and visually check that the jaws are closed and locked around the king pin - every time.

Take most of the weight off of the landing gear and then do a tug test to make sure the jaws are locked - every time.

Keep your mind on what you are doing - every time!

roadglide
01-18-2018, 08:29 AM
I disagree about tug test with any amount of weight on the landing gear. Doing a inspection if the jaws are locked and your not high hitched there is no reason to be tuging . I always do a trailer brake test before I go on a trip.

earlzach
01-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Tip,, I always run the spigut a second, then hook up the pressure reducer and filter run a second again. Then hook up the hose. Run water until it comes out the other end and then hook it up to the trailer. If something was in anything it's out before it's in the trailer.

fourfourto
01-18-2018, 03:38 PM
Tip,, I always run the spigot a second, then hook up the pressure reducer and filter run a second again. Then hook up the hose. Run water until it comes out the other end and then hook it up to the trailer. If something was in anything it's out before it's in the trailer.

I do that also ,sometimes brown water comes out for a few seconds :eek:

JRTJH
01-18-2018, 03:48 PM
In addition to running the water during hookup, when we break camp I always drain the hose and connect the ends (with the 90 degree fitting and regulator attached) so the entire system is "closed against dirt and stuff". That way there's less chance of anything finding its way into the hose while we're towing down a dusty or muddy road and less chance of me dropping/dragging it through the campsite where the last camper may have dumped his gray water or leaked black water where I'm setting up and dragging my fresh water accessories.

Pull Toy
01-18-2018, 03:57 PM
"I do that also ,sometimes brown water comes out for a few seconds."

I'm sure hoping that you don't use your white hose to power flush the BLACK TANK!!!
LOL :nonono::nonono::nonono:

p.s. Sorry... just couldn't pass...

JRTJH
01-18-2018, 04:25 PM
"I do that also ,sometimes brown water comes out for a few seconds."

I'm sure hoping that you don't use your white hose to power flush the BLACK TANK!!!
LOL :nonono::nonono::nonono:

p.s. Sorry... just couldn't pass...

YECHT !!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/blue-face/about-to-puke-smiley-emoticon.png (http://www.sherv.net/)
If that's happening, his "anti-siphon valve" is "siphoning" when it should be "anti-ing".......

Alpine
01-18-2018, 07:41 PM
I changed out the frosted glass in the door with matching tinted glass. Love being able to see out.....

sandy43
01-18-2018, 09:04 PM
I changed out the frosted glass in the door with matching tinted glass. Love being able to see out.....

I've considered doing that on my Alpine. Been a bit worried about taking the glass out and not fitting a new one correctly. Any tips? Did you use regular glass or safety glass? Maybe plexiglass?

notanlines
01-19-2018, 02:40 AM
Jeff, Sandy, don't you find that darned glass irritating? I realize there are probably more WANTING it to be frosted, but not DW and I. We also are interested in knowing if you used tempered glass or not.

Tinner12002
01-19-2018, 03:31 AM
I always test my brakes while hooking up and unhooking. I use the RV brakes to hold the RV while backing in and when pulling out.

Tinner12002
01-19-2018, 03:37 AM
In addition to running the water during hookup, when we break camp I always drain the hose and connect the ends (with the 90 degree fitting and regulator attached) so the entire system is "closed against dirt and stuff". That way there's less chance of anything finding its way into the hose while we're towing down a dusty or muddy road and less chance of me dropping/dragging it through the campsite where the last camper may have dumped his gray water or leaked black water where I'm setting up and dragging my fresh water accessories.

I purchased a bunch of quick disconnect hose ends thinking I would switch over to them and then realized there wasn't a way to keep the hose ends closed off by hooking them together as you described. I guess I could screw a fitting on the female end to hook both ends together when I unhook from the faucet but then that's just something else to try and keep track of.

ctbruce
01-19-2018, 04:33 AM
I purchased a bunch of quick disconnect hose ends thinking I would switch over to them and then realized there wasn't a way to keep the hose ends closed off by hooking them together as you described. I guess I could screw a fitting on the female end to hook both ends together when I unhook from the faucet but then that's just something else to try and keep track of.Like John, I keep my 90* attached and then screw the female end to that. Easy and works great.

Scout179
01-19-2018, 06:17 AM
Just as with a boat, your fire extinguisher powder can become "caked" or packed down due to bumps and humps in the road. Once a year remove it from the holder and shake it to insure the powder inside is still a powder. Keep it stored near the door, so you can decided to go back in after you are safe. Personally, the first thing I did was to replace my tiny fire extinguisher with a larger one. Bigger is Better!

travelin texans
01-19-2018, 08:25 AM
I've considered doing that on my Alpine. Been a bit worried about taking the glass out and not fitting a new one correctly. Any tips? Did you use regular glass or safety glass? Maybe plexiglass?

I've done this on 2 rvs & no it does not require safety glass. The 1st one I did was by accident. DW wanted to add tint to that window, but the inside had the rough texture so I was going to turn it around & opps! I dropped it, yes it was glass but not safety glass, replaced it with dark plexiglass. The 2nd rv the window was already plexiglass, just used the leftover from the 1st to replace it.
Just be sure to use something tinted or dark as it will let in a lot of light.

vampress_me
01-19-2018, 01:37 PM
I've done this on 2 rvs & no it does not require safety glass. The 1st one I did was by accident. DW wanted to add tint to that window, but the inside had the rough texture so I was going to turn it around & opps! I dropped it, yes it was glass but not safety glass, replaced it with dark plexiglass. The 2nd rv the window was already plexiglass, just used the leftover from the 1st to replace it.
Just be sure to use something tinted or dark as it will let in a lot of light.

I'm amazed yours wasn't tempered glass! I replaced ours also so we could see out, and the glass I took out did say tempered. One of my favorite mods to the camper! But, I cheated (or went the expensive route maybe?). I bought the kit from here: http://rossrvinnovations.info/window-kit/

notanlines
01-19-2018, 02:41 PM
Thanks, Lynette. Just ordered the glass. We'll see how it comes out.

Pull Toy
01-19-2018, 03:19 PM
I'D SAY TEMPERED ONLY!

Plexy is cr*p for visibility and scratch resistance, and regular is "unsafe at any speed"(Thanks Ralph Nader!). They won't even sell you regular glass for your home screen door! Come on people!

A few extra bucks? Maybe, but safety first, we've mostly got $10,000.00 plus into our rigs, and constantly add toys, and custom upgrades, what's an extra few $$$ for safety? The age old adage applies "The Cheapest Thing On A Camper Is The Owner!!!". The stresses and vibrations going down the road are reason enough, buts let add the "Wind Gust" that tears the door out of your hands, or the "Grandkids" slamming, or pushing...

Sorry for the rant, (or not) it needed to be said!

Good luck,

Alpine
01-19-2018, 10:18 PM
Sandy43 & Notanlines

I took my window frame into the "glass shop" and they measured the size needed, which takes out the equation of you measuring it wrong. They cut the already tinted glass then had to send it to another place to have it "fired" or tempered. It took about two weeks as I was in a small town in Idaho. And the shop was kind enough to cut a piece of plexiglass to fit (free) while waiting.

It was as easy as taking the 16 screws out from the inside of the door and it will come right out. Be sure and put tape on the out side frame to the door so it will not just fall out when you take the last screw out. If memory serves me it was $35.00. Do not forget to have some fresh Butyl tape for re-install.

It was so simple, I kick myself for waiting so long to do it!

travelin texans
01-20-2018, 08:54 AM
I'D SAY TEMPERED ONLY!

Plexy is cr*p for visibility and scratch resistance, and regular is "unsafe at any speed"(Thanks Ralph Nader!). They won't even sell you regular glass for your home screen door! Come on people!

A few extra bucks? Maybe, but safety first, we've mostly got $10,000.00 plus into our rigs, and constantly add toys, and custom upgrades, what's an extra few $$$ for safety? The age old adage applies "The Cheapest Thing On A Camper Is The Owner!!!". The stresses and vibrations going down the road are reason enough, buts let add the "Wind Gust" that tears the door out of your hands, or the "Grandkids" slamming, or pushing...

Sorry for the rant, (or not) it needed to be said!

Good luck,

Well I guess I'm just living dangerously & a cheapskate!
We've been fulltime for almost 10 years & have towed well over 100k in that time & those plexiglass windows have survived nicely during that time.
I've also taken the screen out of the door & replaced it with tinted plexiglass so we can leave the door open & still run heat/air, the next best mod I've done, & it has survived Texas panhandle wind gust & grandkids. The kits for the screen door you can buy on line are also plexiglass. They also sell stain glass (not made with safety glass) inserts for those door windows
If the door window is one that's about 4' long x 12-14" wide I could agree with possibly being safety glass, but mine were 16" long x 12" wide, or whatever they were, up high, so the odds of getting hit by my teenage grandkids, or anyone else, were/are pretty slight.

talk2cpu
01-22-2018, 06:37 PM
Been there with the brand new trailer. Almost rolled into a tree. 3 inches!!!!!!!

OR, leave the safety chains connected until hitch off ball.

talk2cpu
01-22-2018, 06:38 PM
One more that I won't admit how I know.
Always verify the receiver pin is in place before moving trailer.

kjohn
02-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Swim noodles on the arms of the awning so you don't knock yourself out when you slam into them, like I do...:banghead:

Great idea! After clonking my head a couple of times, I tied a ribbon of marking tape to each arm. I'll add the pool noodle to my list.

flybouy
02-19-2018, 06:47 AM
1. Before hitting the road remove wallet and insert (charge) with as much cash as it will hold.
2. Upon returning "recharge" again.
3. If you find that the wallet isn't holding a "charge" there are many "recharging" stations available. Look for the ATM sign. They used to be called cash machines, I called it a Crash machine, before the proliferation of electronic payment methods people would line up to withdraw money. This always reminded me of seeing movies of people making a "run on the bank" after the 1929 stock market crash.:hide:

LuvsPalmTrees
02-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Always have one person in charge of lowering the antenna. Seen too many people pulling out with them up and the entire campground yelling at them.

Owl
02-20-2018, 09:22 PM
Make sure the awning is retracted before leaving the camping spot. Thankfully I caught it before I hit a tree.

FlyingAroundRV
02-20-2018, 10:26 PM
Print out a pre-departure checklist, laminate it and stick it on the inside of the entry door. Make the last item, close and lock the door.

Lariatbob
03-10-2018, 07:18 PM

We did the same thing. It's nice to be able to see before opening the door. Had to make a window blind so no one could see in at night.

Kzneft
03-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Check your lug nuts on your RV before leaving. Read a few posts where some have lost their wheels.

roadglide
03-11-2018, 04:59 PM
I have been useing my secondary valve to back flush the black water. For around 15 dollar's you can have Leakey valve insurance that I don't have but it makes for a good black water back flush .

Carvendive
04-08-2018, 05:01 AM
1. Re torque your lugnuts. I've found that after running on uneven pavement (Birmingham comes to mind) that the nuts on my leading axle are around 90#. Spec on my Cougar says 110#.

2. At each stop I put my hand on each wheel near the hub to see if I'm getting any bearing heat.

3. I FINALLY found a cleaner for the shower. Works great on both glass and shower base/surround. Dawn dishwashing liquid and a Lovebug cleaning pad. (I also use the pad on the RV exterior and on the truck).

Dorrie
04-08-2018, 05:24 AM
1. Re torque your lugnuts. I've found that after running on uneven pavement (Birmingham comes to mind) that the nuts on my leading axle are around 90#. Spec on my Cougar says 110#.

2. At each stop I put my hand on each wheel near the hub to see if I'm getting any bearing heat.

3. I FINALLY found a cleaner for the shower. Works great on both glass and shower base/surround. Dawn dishwashing liquid and a Lovebug cleaning pad. (I also use the pad on the RV exterior and on the truck).To skip cleaning the glass I put up a shower curtain.

TLB
04-08-2018, 05:43 AM
remove your trash bags to the campground trash dumpsters so the little critters that come out while you are sleeping don't make a mess.

Darn raccoons,,,,

flybouy
04-08-2018, 05:52 AM

3. I FINALLY found a cleaner for the shower. Works great on both glass and shower base/surround. Dawn dishwashing liquid and a Lovebug cleaning pad. (I also use the pad on the RV exterior and on the truck).

If you are using Dawn on the exterior of the rv and truck be aware that it will remove any wax or other protectant coating.

Chief Mole
05-01-2018, 06:00 AM
Mesh bags for hoses and cables: Available in most camping sections, the old fashioned "stuff bag" are made out of nylon and the mesh is small enough to keep most bugs out. Makes it easy for quick movement of those items.

Spigot Wye Gate: A wye gate for the spigot to give you two connections in case there is only one at the campsite. I keep a check valve on one valve to hook the rinsing hose to.

Pre Departure and Post Arrival Check Off Lists: I use a clear plastic document holder and a China Marker (wax pencil) to mark off completed items which is wiped off after all items are marked as complete. The lists themselves are in order from the first thing to do to the end, keeps my world in check and I got used to doing this while onboard ships.

Chief Mole
05-03-2018, 05:18 AM
Old Car Antenna Aerial: Available in most scrap yards or along the side of the road for even less, the old (without wrapping of additional wire) stainless steel car aerial can be cut and bent into a reasonable spring clip or retention pin in an emergency to replace whatever just flew a few feet from the rig and into the grass to disappear forever!

Paracord, 550 Line, Small Stuff: Whatever you call it, the day you leave home without it is the day that you need it. Best stored in it's own small bag! Learn how to properly seize the ends while you're at it!

Grill, Charcoal and Chimney Starter: For S'mores, steaks and general cooking on the day that BOTH the LP tanks are empty because you forgot to remember to fill the empty one up. :banghead:

Hydraulic Bottle Jack: For assisting with changing tires, leveling and stabilizing after you clip off one of the mounted stabilizers on that rock next to the road on the way to the primitive site and for assisting the other person who now needs to borrow a jack.

Hose clamps, various sizes: Sewage hoses aren't the only things that break!

Two Part Epoxy: While I prefer the ribbon type, the mixable can type works and stores well too. For those days that you find that there's a leak that can't be fixed with the hose clamps.

EagleandFox
05-07-2018, 06:07 AM
Make sure the awning is retracted before leaving the camping spot. Thankfully I caught it before I hit a tree.

Someone didn't notice their awning still out at a campground we were at...did extensive damage to the side of their RV as a result. Glad you were able to catch it before it was too late!

EagleandFox
05-07-2018, 06:20 AM
Don't let someone else take over your responsibilities when backing in/setting up. Stick to your routine. My brother-in-law thought he was being "helpful" when he decided to take over my duties in helping me with directing my hubby on backing in and taking over setting up - because he was "a truck driver" he said, and knows "how this is done". Well, as a result, we ended up with 2 bent front stabilizer jacks that resulted in the trailer hitch being lower than the truck ball and had to have a few heavy guys jump on the back of the truck to get it lower than the trailer (before our 5th wheel days). (Not bashing truck drivers...that was just his reasoning.)

notanlines
05-07-2018, 06:44 AM
"Don't let someone else take over your responsibilities when backing in/setting up. Stick to your routine" I could not agree more! And you old farts with nothing else to do, stay away from people when they come into the park and let them get setup WITHOUT your "help." Don't be one of THOSE GUYS!

Chief Mole
05-08-2018, 05:41 AM
Measure and know the distance that the slide outs travel and check for obstructions before moving it out. Yes, tape measure is part of the tool kit.

LuvsPalmTrees
05-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Carvendive - you made me think of it with your shower cleaner. I use this at home and it works great - vinegar/dawn (blue) dish washing soap and warm water. Spray - let it sit for a few minutes and wipe and rinse. Works great and helps clean the soap buildup out of your shower drains. It also is not really harsh like some chemicals can be so it does not hurt anything and you can still breath when you are done.

pikespeakviewer
07-27-2018, 09:46 AM
I always test my brakes while hooking up and unhooking. I use the RV brakes to hold the RV while backing in and when pulling out.

I know that this is an old thread, but how do you use the RV brakes to hold while backing in? Do you mean test them?

MattE303
07-27-2018, 10:36 AM
Pre Departure and Post Arrival Check Off Lists: I use a clear plastic document holder and a China Marker (wax pencil) to mark off completed items which is wiped off after all items are marked as complete. The lists themselves are in order from the first thing to do to the end, keeps my world in check and I got used to doing this while onboard ships.

If you prefer a "high tech" approach to stuff like this, there's a free mobile phone app available for both Android and iPhones that allows you to easily create and re-use checklists called Google Keep. Your checklists automatically sync to your Google account so you can edit them on your computer (via https://keep.google.com/keep/) and the new/updated lists will automatically appear on your phone. I have a variety of checklists for camping and race weekends as well as other stuff, very useful!

flybouy
07-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Measure and know the distance that the slide outs travel and check for obstructions before moving it out. Yes, tape measure is part of the tool kit.

I have a piece of yellow rope the length of our unit. At each corner of the slide out I tied rope the length of the slide out projection at a right angle. Don't always use it but in those few instances where the site has been tight and the trees, pedestals, etc many it has saved a lot of repositioning the camper. It only takes a few seconds to remove it from the truck bed and lat it out on the ground. It will guide you back straight and let you know where to stop.

KSH
07-27-2018, 01:42 PM
You squeeze it on the brake controller.

pikespeakviewer
07-27-2018, 02:14 PM
You squeeze it on the brake controller.

Like you do when you start your trip. Ok, I thought it was more complicated than that.

Thanks

DOWva
07-27-2018, 05:41 PM
That's very important when setting up to not let anyone distract you. We own a 26 foot boat as well and when we come into shore everyone wants to help and I understand that but we tell everyone keep your seat and do not grab the pier or lines. Makes RVing a lot easier as well.

DOWva
07-27-2018, 05:48 PM
One other thing we do is I measured the distance my slide outs go out and marked my water hose with a piece of yellow tape so before we put our slide outs out we take the hose and measure real quick for safety.