PDA

View Full Version : Furnace not working

SarahB
01-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Hi there!
We have a 2012 Keystone Bullet and the heat is not working. Weird thing is that it worked fine for about an hour or two then it sounded like it’s trying to turn on but doesn’t ignite and shuts off. Hot water isn’t working but the stove lights so gas is getting through and we just filled the propane tank.
Any help is appreciated. TIA
Sarah

JRTJH
01-14-2018, 11:11 AM
If you "just filled the propane tanks" you may have introduced air into the lines and it will take a few cycles of ignition attempts to purge that air out of the lines. Then the furnace should work properly, provided you are connected to shore power and/or have a fully charged battery. I know this sounds "silly" but when you installed the filled propane tank, did you turn on the valve slowly and is the auto changeover valve pointed to the correct tank?

Pbtman
01-14-2018, 01:27 PM
I agree with getting the air purged. I think it’ll take a few cycles.

SarahB
01-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Yes I think my husband did. We c had a friend come over and found a reset button inside the panel outside of the trailer and that seemed to work. We’ll keep our fingers crossed tonight when it gets cold again. Thank you for your info. Never heard of air getting in the lines to disrupt ignition. Thank you!