PDA

View Full Version : What did the big brown truck bring you today?

madmaxmutt
01-10-2018, 07:06 PM
My brand new 2 1/2" extended shank (so I can open the tailgate) that doubles for my Andersen W/D hitch and the EZ/HD in the box.
Unfortunately, it is the wrong part. Too much drop:(

Hodgy
01-10-2018, 07:18 PM

Tomorrow so they say, air bags.

notanlines
01-11-2018, 01:45 AM
As long as you asked, FedEx brought two Maxxair vent covers. I suppose now I have something to do.....

Tinner12002
01-11-2018, 03:18 AM
My brand new 2 1/2" extended shank (so I can open the tailgate) that doubles for my Andersen W/D hitch and the EZ/HD in the box.
Unfortunately, it is the wrong part. Too much drop:(

Get out the saw and cut it off! Easy fix!

madmaxmutt
01-11-2018, 05:16 AM
As long as you asked, FedEx brought two Maxxair vent covers. I suppose now I have something to do.....

That's the point of the thread. Maxxair rocks!

madmaxmutt
01-11-2018, 05:18 AM
Get out the saw and cut it off! Easy fix!

I could and probably would except it is supposed to me a custom made size. I am not paying extra for the something I have to cut off.

Ksupaul
01-11-2018, 07:16 AM
Took delivery last Saturday of out TT. First time owners. The brown truck has shown up almost every evening for almost two weeks now. Ugggg

JRTJH
01-11-2018, 07:21 AM
Took delivery last Saturday of out TT. First time owners. The brown truck has shown up almost every evening for almost two weeks now. Ugggg

Congratulations !!! Only about 6 weeks to go and the brown truck can take a break until after your first camping trip, then it'll start all over again. Get used to having an almost daily delivery for the first year, maybe longer. Of course that mostly depends on your credit card balance and your spouse's tolerance for packages on the porch..... :hide:

sourdough
01-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Well......bad as I hate to admit it, the little brown truck brought my silk long johns yesterday afternoon!:ermm: I know, I know......:D

Ksupaul
01-11-2018, 07:46 AM
Congratulations !!! Only about 6 weeks to go and the brown truck can take a break until after your first camping trip, then it'll start all over again. Get used to having an almost daily delivery for the first year, maybe longer. Of course that mostly depends on your credit card balance and your spouse's tolerance for packages on the porch..... :hide:

Oh boy!! You’re probably right because I haven’t even started on the outdoor items yet. All deliveries so far are from my boss filling the inside.

cardinal96ss
01-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Ksupaul- If you are a DIY-er, you're just getting started. What fun.

MerlinB
01-11-2018, 10:44 AM
Oh boy!! You’re probably right because I haven’t even started on the outdoor items yet. All deliveries so far are from my boss filling the inside.

Hahaha! That means you've got a guilt-free ride so far. You've got a lot of catching up to do.

Hodgy
01-11-2018, 11:02 AM

Well as Brown said, my air bags just showed up. Signing for them was a lot easier than the work required to install them !

madmaxmutt
01-17-2018, 08:02 PM
The new (correct) drop shank arrived today.15110

vampress_me
01-17-2018, 09:28 PM
Well......bad as I hate to admit it, the little brown truck brought my silk long johns yesterday afternoon!:ermm: I know, I know......:D

Hmm....is this part of the summer and winter attire of the members? Summer - boxers, cowboy hat and boots. Winter - silk long johns. :D

sourdough
01-17-2018, 10:07 PM
Hmm....is this part of the summer and winter attire of the members? Summer - boxers, cowboy hat and boots. Winter - silk long johns. :D

Well, it probably all depends...:) After we built this last house a new neighbor came in and started building one across the street. One day the electrician (my friend and my electrician) was over working at the house wiring it and I was in the yard planting grass. He came out of the garage on stilts looking really weird so I razzed him. I forgot that I was in a T shirt, mid thigh shorts, over the calf socks, cowboy boots and hat (it was 100+). I was cut pretty short as I tried to explain my attire......:eek: Oh well. The silk long johns do work better than thermals though....;)

notanlines
01-18-2018, 01:21 AM
Well, thanks for nothing, Vampress! I will never get that image out of my head.....:eek:
On edit: Ms Vampress in the snow in Minnesota,,,yes. Sourdough in the snow in New Mexico? Not on your life!

ctbruce
01-18-2018, 04:30 AM
I wonder if sourdough has a forum member decal on those silkies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tinner12002
01-18-2018, 05:48 AM
A case of Blackberry wine from Georgia Winery!

Tinner12002
01-18-2018, 05:49 AM

Now that's funny stuff right there!!:lol:

sourdough
01-18-2018, 08:56 AM

Not yet! I guess that 40 degree weather yesterday put the brakes on the sled coming from Jacksonville....

madmaxmutt
02-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Additional storage door to add to my slideout under the center the dinette seat right about here.

chartrand
02-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Interested to see some photos of your install on this madmaxmutt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

madmaxmutt
02-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Yes, at this point my fingers are crossed. Still waiting on the stickers. Probably three weeks out still.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Retired Copper
02-14-2018, 06:33 AM
well thy almost brought my Furrion camera and It was a good thing I was tracking it because they left by someone else`s door. After several phone calls and me talking to the driver I ran it down about a mile down the road. Figured it was already in a pawn shop somewhere lol.

Hodgy
02-14-2018, 03:18 PM

BBT brought me two lower link arms for the 3 PTH on my TEA-20 tractor. I broke one going over a grader ridge while I was blowing snow last Friday. It snapped right at the bolt hole. There was a small crack that was rusted so it could have been that way for a bit.

The old girl is 55 years old so I guess those arms have done a lot of work over the years. I got two because the other arm might not be far behind.

I did some clean-up on the tractor and painted the new arms. Will let the paint cure overnight and install them tomorrow. It will only take 15 or 20 minutes.

We had 5" of snow this morning and it is still snowing so I guess I will be blowing snow tomorrow.

madmaxmutt
02-28-2018, 12:44 PM
It was the white truck, but McGard Tailgate Lock

and the part to fix my home recliner. . . .

Hodgy
02-28-2018, 12:53 PM
I understand tailgates can be a bit expensive to replace. I put a gear clamp on the right side.

sourdough
02-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Well, it was yesterday and not today, but he brought me my new Husky over the receiver mud flaps. The Rock Tamers? were highly thought of on the forum and I was going to get those but they do not have the cut out at the bottom of the sleeve to go over the gusset on the Equalizer shank. Now, if I can get the sleeve ground out enough to go over the shank (it had rounded instead of square corners).

travelin texans
02-28-2018, 02:06 PM
I understand tailgates can be a bit expensive to replace. I put a gear clamp on the right side.

I've done the same! One 59 cent clamp has locked the last 2 truck tailgates.

madmaxmutt
04-21-2018, 07:02 PM
A couple of extra quick connects for my outdoor faucet. I'll put one on the showerhead and one on a standard outdoor hose.

Tinner12002
04-22-2018, 03:55 AM
The brown truck arrived Sat with a Dee Zee toolbox to sit on top of my new to arrive next week RDS 40gal fuel tank, along with a 12v norm closed SS valve, a diesel fuel line install kit and new 12v disconnect for the RV. The tool box will have to be cut down to about 10in tall to make it fit under bed cover but metal work is my craft so that shouldn't be an issue. Looking forward to getting it all installed along with a new Encore bed cover.

Path2ground
04-23-2018, 04:42 PM
It was the white truck, but McGard Tailgate Lock

and the part to fix my home recliner. . . .

I needed that last year when my tailgate was stolen. 5k to replace, glad insurance covered it, but that was a learning experience.

sourdough
04-23-2018, 06:15 PM
Today, the brown truck brought a new Instant Pot for the camper, replacement Oxygenics shower head and 1/4 turn shower faucet along with a roll of "scrim"? tape and some sheets of Darco fabric....just in case somewhere down the line. Camping time is here....gotta be prepared.