PDA

View Full Version : Elevated holiday break

Freeheel4life
01-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Just pulled in from a ski trip in East Oregon. 7000ft in the Elkhorn mountains for 10 days. Only one flat tire. Plugs saved the day for the trip back to town.
Skiing was okay but we are missing some snow out here. Certainly a slow start to winter.
Overall a great trip with the DW and the pooches. Can't wait to go back up. Taking a weekend off and going back week after next.

mfifield01
01-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Looks nice. I thought about taking the Passport to NM this year to snowboard. Are you staying in an RV park?

Freeheel4life
01-03-2018, 11:02 AM
This is right at the resort. Anthony Lakes. I would call or email the prospective resort and see if they allow parking somewhere on site. Most do, though it usually somewhere in a back corner. We like Anthony because we are literally less than 50 ft from the lift.
We "dry camp", trailer is winterized. We still use the bathroom though. I dump about a gallon of -50 into the black and a bit more into the gray. #1s are just a flush, #2s you pour a little more pink stuff to flush it down to keep it fairly concentrated.
We heat about a gallon of water in a pot and hop in the shower and just use a cup to pour water and a washcloth.
IF you do be sure to crack both your valves with cap on to get a little pink stuff on both sides of the valve. That's if you are trying to dump it coming straight off the hill. If you haul it home it all warms up.
My offload yesterday was slushy and took some convincing to get emptied(couple bottles of warm water from the truck stop I dump at on the down tube from tank to valve and it all started flowing).