PDA

View Full Version : Keystone consistent with manufacturers?

Ksupaul
01-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Wondering if Keystone is consistent with using the same manufacturers for most of the mechanicals? Water Heater, fridge, Furnace, AC, etc?

Just wondering. Pick up a Cougar xlite this weekend and will find out then, but was curious as I ready threads on what I might have. Especially for water heater and fridge.

theeyres
01-01-2018, 07:24 PM
I'm sure that over time they put out for bid all of the stuff they buy to put in their RV's. So, no, from time to time I have no doubt you will see different manufacturer's items.

chuckster57
01-01-2018, 07:30 PM
I'm sure that over time they put out for bid all of the stuff they buy to put in their RV's. So, no, from time to time I have no doubt you will see different manufacturer's items.

Yup! I’ve seen component brand changes in same model, mid year. As long as they function properly I don’t see a reason to favor one over another.

ctbruce
01-01-2018, 07:33 PM
For the most part yes, but you never know. Your still in midyear so should be fine if they were making what you ordered. If you are buying out of inventory then it is open to whst was available at the time. At the end of the run is most susceptible to changes. Good luck on your pickup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sourdough
01-01-2018, 07:34 PM
No telling what will be there, BUT, take the time at PDI, or afterward, to know where the converter is, the furnace, hot water heater, makes models etc. They are pretty much straight forward on any trailer if you know what you are looking for but many can't find them.

earlzach
01-02-2018, 02:47 AM
From what I could tell my 2018 has a few things that are of the latest tech or design for its class. So yes they move forward with stuff.

Pull Toy
01-02-2018, 04:12 AM
There is always room for new ideas. Not all of them are GREAT ideas, however!

There are only a limited number of manufacturers for camper specific ( water heater, furnace, roof a/c etc.) Residential TVs, sound systems etc, will vary with the price/quality of the RV.

All manufacturers comply with RVIA certification, so build quality and specifics are pretty constant from manufacturer to manufacturer, regardless of what you hear. Bear in mind that "end price" dictates compromises on "High End" finish, and equipment. Jut like with GM, your Suburban won't come close to the Escalade for luxury trim etc...

Good Luck,