PDA

View Full Version : Camping in freezing temps......little help???

Vet4jdc
12-26-2017, 04:42 PM
We are camping this weekend in Virginia Beach for New Years Eve weekend. The forecast is calling for nightly temps in the mid to upper 20's so I am wondering what others do for prep each night. I'm not concerned about the water lines freezing in or under the camper but am wondering about water supply to the fiver? Anyone let a faucet drip all night? What about draining the water line to the rig each night? Ideas? :confused:

sourdough
12-26-2017, 04:49 PM
I carry a heated water hose if I'm concerned about my incoming water line freezing....Pirit? I believe.

Javi
12-26-2017, 04:57 PM
I carry a heated water hose if I'm concerned about my incoming water line freezing....Pirit? I believe.Yep.. got mine hooked up right now.. Supposed to be 20F tonight..

Javi

jkohler70
12-27-2017, 05:55 AM
You'll be fine if you have a heated underbelly. Just fill your fresh water tank at night. We usually use a space heater when connected to the RV park electric, but once temps fall below freezing, we only use the gas furnace to keep the tanks and lines in the underbelly from freezing.

5th_Wheelin
12-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Either let the faucets drip, or just put some water in your fresh water tank and disconnect your water hose. I've actually done both during the past week. They both have their pro's and con's.

XTeacher
12-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Good advice above. Also, open cabinet doors under sinks in the kitchen and bathroom, so that the heat gets in there.

mfifield01
12-29-2017, 11:40 AM
I had my fresh water line freeze up one time. The low was supposed to be 34, it got down to about 28. It thawed out about 2 hours after the sun came up. Now, I shut off and disconnect the fresh water hose. I typically put a few gallons in the fresh water tank for the night.

rhagfo
12-30-2017, 08:00 AM
Either fill FW tank and disconnect Hose OR get a heated hose.