PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Montana Mountaineer Specs

avwtech
12-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Does anyone have info about the master bath black tank & where the opening is located in the tank? It is clogged up with TP and I need the tank diagram to locate the opening to the tank so I can snake it from the inside, the RV is a 2014 Mountaineer 385bh.
Thanks, AC

chuckster57
12-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

If your trying to clear a TP volcano going from the toilet, all you need to do is run the snake down the toilet. The opening from the toilet will be on the top of the tank.

Is the tank not draining? Or is the toilet not flushing and it’s backed up?

ctbruce
12-24-2017, 04:03 PM
What Chuckster said. It's probably below the toilet. Destroy that pyramid and flush out with lots of water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

notanlines
12-25-2017, 02:00 AM
avwtech, here is a picture of your tank. You'll see that it is fairly shallow. The poo pyramid spoken of earlier is a very common malady. As Chuckster said, attack it from above and as Chip said, use lots of water. It will take ALOT of water to clean it completely. A clear 6" extension at your drain site will enable you to tell when the water runs perfectly clear.
http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search.php?model=Mountaineer&year=2014&category=Plumbing&subcategory=Tank&search-keywords=Item+%23+%2F+Keyword

sourdough
12-25-2017, 06:33 AM
I have to chime in on what Jim said; get the clear extension. I use a 45degree elbow at the trailer. I used to not have one and just guessed at when it was clean. The clear extension is an extremely helpful addition - one of the best IMO.