PDA

View Full Version : Fuse labels

Tunnel_Vision
12-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Need to change my water pump and the pump requires 10 amps, open the fuse cover to check and not one fuse is labeled! thanks Keystone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notanlines
12-05-2017, 06:28 AM
This won't make you feel better, but you wouldn't have been able to read it anyway.:eek:

jsmith948
12-05-2017, 06:39 AM
This won't make you feel better, but you wouldn't have been able to read it anyway.:eek:

X2! And if you COULD read the labels, they would be labeled wrong:facepalm:

Tunnel_Vision
12-05-2017, 06:42 AM
I mean how hard is it to label them they build hundreds a month, heck they could have them printed

sourdough
12-05-2017, 07:29 AM
I mean how hard is it to label them they build hundreds a month, heck they could have them printed

This would be assuming every like trailer was wired the same......which I highly doubt. Each one is sort of a "one off" kind of installation it appears......hence the scribbled notations in some ancient language...:banghead:

Tunnel_Vision
12-05-2017, 09:05 AM
This would be assuming every like trailer was wired the same......which I highly doubt. Each one is sort of a "one off" kind of installation it appears......hence the scribbled notations in some ancient language...:banghead:

Mine are literally blank labels on the AC & DC side!:mad:

flybouy
12-05-2017, 09:27 AM
You would need a Navajo wind talker or an Egyptologists hieroglyphics interpreter to read the incorrectly labeled panel.:lol:

Hodgy
12-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Well, at least they are consistently wrong !

TheGriz
12-05-2017, 11:33 AM
I think I detect a bunch of cynical ol' curmudgeons on this thread!:hide:;)

Mike

JRTJH
12-05-2017, 12:07 PM

Mike

Not sure if you spelled it correctly or if the dictionary doesn't publish a definition, but.. there's probably a few "ol' somebodies" around, some maybe just waiting for an excuse to be "cynical".....

As for fuse markings, with this kind of "spaghetti wiring" (maybe from an Italian western ???), it's no wonder that no two are wired the same......

Tunnel_Vision
12-05-2017, 12:09 PM
How does the factory worker know what size fuse to put into the slot??????

JRTJH
12-05-2017, 12:15 PM
How does the factory worker know what size fuse to put into the slot??????

They're all 15 amp except the bottom two on almost every trailer line.

Tunnel_Vision
12-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Any idea what size the water pump circuit is?

chuckster57
12-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Water pump is one of the many 15A circuits. Odds are the circuit will carry the full load of everything on it. Only way to isolate the Water pump is to turn it on and start pulling fuses.

As far as the spaghetti wiring, it’s in all of them. I had awnings that wouldn’t work, after 5 hours of tracing, cutting, testing etc. I found a screw for the pendant lights over the island kitchen shorted out the circuit in the ceiling.
The one circuit 20A had bedroom lights, compartment lights, ceiling lights in main cabin, rear couch lights, lights over chairs and dinette on slide, 2 awnings. When I put everything back together I used a tester and found with everything on total draw was under 10A. Awning motor drew 6.

Freeheel4life
12-05-2017, 01:31 PM
If you are changing the pump anyways you could clip + wire at pump and clip a jumper wire into it. Put your meter into ohms and start ringing out fuses. When meter sings you've found your fuse. I have a big long jumper I've built for my meter just for such an occasion.

TheGriz
12-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Not sure if you spelled it correctly...

Oh it's spelled correctly. And yeap, I qualify!

notanlines
12-06-2017, 05:28 AM

Mike
Watch it butt-head! I resemble that remark! :lol:

TheGriz
12-06-2017, 08:50 AM

Whoa...I need to find a bigger chair to hide under!:rolleyes: The older I get, the more pronounce my picture becomes in Webster's next to that "word"!

All the best in our surly days!
Mike

flybouy
12-06-2017, 10:36 AM

Seems like the older I get the, less tolerant people around me become.:lol::lol:

Tunnel_Vision
12-06-2017, 10:50 AM
New pump is in and nothing blew up, case closed...