PDA

View Full Version : Full motion TV mount for Fuzion 420 patio ...

twvette
12-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Anyone switched from the fixed mount to a full motion mount for the patio TV? Would like to be able to get it up a bit higher and off to the side so can also watch it sitting in chair on ground as patio rails get in the way plus the view angle is not too good on mine. I know there are many choices and have some ideas but curious if anyone has already done this? I think biggest challenge is still needs to fold back in without much extra width so can still keep it mounted and still close the patio.

mikz86ta
12-03-2017, 09:35 PM
I don't see a issue. There is some decent clearance when the patio is closed. They fit the patio sides in there. But still I'd take the TV off the mount when closing the patio side.

Tinner12002
12-04-2017, 02:52 AM
Just as an idea, my Raptor has a TV mount just inside the front storage area on the right, its a wedge type design that is suppose to accept a TV and mount from inside the coach. If your wanting the TV where you can watch it from the ground see if you may also have the same setup inside the storage.

JimQ
12-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Checkout monoprice.com for great prices as well as a great selection of TV mounts. Good luck with your choice!

dcg9381
12-04-2017, 02:25 PM
2nd vote for monoprice.

lonewolftx
12-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Anyone switched from the fixed mount to a full motion mount for the patio TV? Would like to be able to get it up a bit higher and off to the side so can also watch it sitting in chair on ground as patio rails get in the way plus the view angle is not too good on mine. I know there are many choices and have some ideas but curious if anyone has already done this? I think biggest challenge is still needs to fold back in without much extra width so can still keep it mounted and still close the patio.

The fixed quick mount was used so you could unhook it and put inside when you leave with the patio open (easy to unhook and walk away when not being watched). A swivel mount would make it perminate which is ok I think given not many fellow RVers are going to take it for a walk. :popcorn: I’ve thought about changing mine out but haven’t gotten to it. BTW there is an extra AC plug outlet there for use likes or a fan. ;)

lonewolftx
12-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Just as an idea, my Raptor has a TV mount just inside the front storage area on the right, its a wedge type design that is suppose to accept a TV and mount from inside the coach. If your wanting the TV where you can watch it from the ground see if you may also have the same setup inside the storage.

Not an option on a Fuzion, that’s where the Icommand system computer is located. :lol:

Tinner12002
12-05-2017, 03:01 AM
Not an option on a Fuzion, that’s where the Icommand system computer is located. :lol:

Mine is on the opposite side from my computer, comp on back wall or left and the mount is on the front wall or on the right when you look into the open door next to door frame. Oh well it was an idea that maybe they carried something across model lines.

twvette
01-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Just following up ...

Purchased a mount that folds up and adds very little but it was still too much. What is being overlooked is the thickness of the door sits inside the recessed area and a border around it is what seals it off from the elements when closed. If I would have noticed this I would have known no chance for a different mount unless its one that you cut a hole for to recess it in the wall where current mount is.

This pic proves the point taken with the door closed. Only about an inch:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/s2aNh6cHaVy4BE8x2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/v2stW8cEW6uSCfk03
I think next best option would be one to clamp onto the patio railing and just move the TV over to it but not sure this is really worth it to me. Its easier to just open up the garage door and use the big TV in their instead to watch from ground (I removed my rear patio as loading a wide vehicle).

Tinner12002
01-18-2018, 04:12 AM
You would have to put this on the outside wall but its an option maybe. I had one on my last https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/8GYAAOSwhOxZ746E/s-l1600.jpgRV, brought tv outside and it just slides into the V.

Tinner12002
01-18-2018, 04:13 AM
We just carried an extra tv to use with those.

twvette
01-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Thanks, I stumbled on those also and might be an option. Was trying to hunt down the similar one I currently have that came with the 420 but have been unable to locate it. Same concept, but instead of a V shape it is rectangular and has just a short slot at top and bottom corners to slide the brackets together.

Retired CPO
01-23-2018, 01:22 PM
The '18 420's have a lockable door over the TV.