PDA

View Full Version : cable tv connection

wiredgeorge
12-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Didn't notice when I bought the 2002 Cougar 278EFS that there is NO cable tv connector on the outside. Did I miss it? Hidden somewhere? I put up a King Jack directional to replace the batwing yesterday and it works pretty well. Gets better reception and easy to point. I didn't get the model with the signal idiot lights since there is a tv in the bedroom I can look at to get signals in.

Has anyone installed an outside connector for a cable tv? (we do stay at parks mostly). I know I can run a long piece of co-ax and haven't crawled under the trailer where the power amp / OTA tv out is yet (raining) to see about fishing a cable up there yet.

chuckster57
12-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Cant say I have seen a trailer without the external cable connection. Are you sure it isn't labeled something else? located inside a compartment or convenience center?

steve eboe
12-03-2017, 03:34 PM
On my 189ml the cable connection is hidden behind the license plate.
Makes it kind of hard to use, but I manage.

wiredgeorge
12-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Behind the license plate? hehehe Well, it gives me a place to look.

PARAPTOR
12-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Another way to look at it is to locate your antenna booster amp and pull the face plate off. If you only see one input coaxial cable connected, which would be the roof antenna, then there is no second cable (Cable) running to the outside.

wiredgeorge
12-04-2017, 04:34 PM
Another way to look at it is to locate your antenna booster amp and pull the face plate off. If you only see one input coaxial cable connected, which would be the roof antenna, then there is no second cable (Cable) running to the outside.

Good idea. I didn't take it off when I recently installed a King Jack directional even though they give you another which has a computer board (guess that is what it would be called) that lets you switch between cable and OTA antenna and use the connector on the front for either after pushing the amp button.

chuckster57
12-04-2017, 09:09 PM
ALL boosters have the “computer board” on the backside. How many coax connections can vary. Most all will have ANT (antenna in) CABLE ( park cable in) TV2 ( out to tv in another room). If it has SAT, that will be above the board. I’ve seen Radio ant connection also. The backside will have label molded into the plate to identify each connection.

wiredgeorge
12-05-2017, 08:32 AM
The cable input on my trailer has been located! I am about 5'10" and it is over my head all the way aft on the driver side. No label.

I had noticed the plate with coax output under tv had the bottom screw removed and a piece of coax is (was) hanging out. Pulled off the plate and there is a connector for the antenna in and one going to the 2nd tv in the bedroom area but nothing on the connector labeled "cable". Since the coax hanging out had a barrel adapter, I suspect the previous owners did this to connect some other device to the cable; perhaps a VCR. Anyway, I am assuming this extra cable goes to the outside cable input and am going to hook it up that way.

Thanks to all.