PDA

View Full Version : Home for the first time in 9 weeks

ADQ K9
12-01-2017, 06:14 AM
Yeah it would have been nice if we were camping, but that is when I put the Tumbleweed in winter storage. Went to work for 3 weeks, then straight to sons TKD tournament in KY and to visit family for 2 weeks then back to work for 4 weeks. I hate to say it but it is nice to be home. I normally work a 3 weeks on 3 weeks off schedule in a remote location, so it gives me plenty of time for home life. Gonna try to aquire some things on the wish list for the Tumbleweed over the winter and bring it out of storage in April. A lot of parks wont be open around here yet, there will still be snow on the ground, but at least I can scratch that itch again.

ctbruce
12-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Enjoy the home life while you got it. Sounds like you work a pretty tough schedule.

Curious, what are the winters like in Anchorage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ADQ K9
12-03-2017, 07:58 AM
ctbruce,
Winters in Anchorage are variable to say the least. Milder than the Mid West or the Plains at times. Snow sticks around starting mid to late October. Average snow fall is like 60 inches. Sun is up for about 4 hours on the shortest day of the year. Temps can range any where from 20 below zero to 40 above Most snow disapears around mid April. I usually stay busy with a Honney Do list and the eternal home remodel. There are plenty more activities,indoor and outoor that help us deal with the long cold winter.

LesleyS
12-07-2017, 06:00 AM
ctbruce,
Winters in Anchorage are variable to say the least. Milder than the Mid West or the Plains at times. Snow sticks around starting mid to late October. Average snow fall is like 60 inches. Sun is up for about 4 hours on the shortest day of the year. Temps can range any where from 20 below zero to 40 above Most snow disapears around mid April. I usually stay busy with a Honney Do list and the eternal home remodel. There are plenty more activities,indoor and outoor that help us deal with the long cold winter.

That's pretty rough, ADQ K9. I imagine people develop hobbies to pass the time. What do you like to do?

ADQ K9
12-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Sleep lol, as I said I usually stay busy with the eternal home remodel or the honey do list that the wife keeps adding to.