PDA

View Full Version : Ground lighting

mmilburne
11-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Looking to add multicolor LED ground lighting to my 359MBI Cougar. Has anyone done this? What manufacturer of LED lighting did you use? Did they have enough wire to cover a 40' camper? Any issues? Any help is appreciated.

Freeheel4life
11-28-2017, 05:29 PM
I am about to tackle this project myself. Hopefully others will chime in soon. I will post my results and part numbers and what not for you after. Just ordered solar charger and controller and about to order screen door bars and some other functional type mods before I dive into the stuff I want realm, so may not happen until after the New Year. Skiing out of the camper on a 2 week trip at the end of the month, pray for snow!!:bow:

mosquitoman
11-29-2017, 04:25 AM
I have added ground lighting on my last two trailers, I bought the cheap lights on Amazon. The lights work great but you need to order a roll of 3m double sided tape to get them to stick. The 3m tape sticks great to the tape that comes on the lights and it also sticks great to the trailer as long as the surface is clean. I also added a on/off wireless remote since the one that comes with the lights doesn't have any range.

CCRK MAX
11-29-2017, 05:39 AM
My wife and I did this a few years ago to our Laredo. check out Lowes. they had LED lights that are multi color with 3M backing tape on them and came in 3-4 foot sections that could be daisy chained together with wireless remote. we had them on the roller section of our awning, at the end of the weekend we unplugged it and the lights rolled up with the awning.

ctbruce
11-30-2017, 07:21 PM
Try this for a little help maybe:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28646

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk