PDA

View Full Version : under 30' Hideout vs Cougar?

Blanco
11-27-2017, 10:33 PM
They seem very similar yet the last dealer I visited told me the Hideout is about $10K less expensive.

jkohler70
11-28-2017, 05:54 AM
Not sure exactly, but Keystone has 3 classes of RV - standard, select, and premium. The Hideout is standard and the Cougar is select. Floor plans might be similar, but check for things like the quality of the flooring, cabinets, and counters. If you go to the Keystone website and download both brochures, you'll see plenty of differences in the "standards and options" tables.

JRTJH
11-28-2017, 06:36 AM
Essentially, the biggest difference in the travel trailer lineup is that the Hideout is a wooden frame trailer with corrugated aluminum siding and the Cougar is an aluminum frame trailer with fiberglass siding. In the fifth wheel lineup, in the Hideout, the sidewalls and parts of the superstructure are aluminum and the rest of the framework/sub-floor is wooden while the Cougar is all aluminum.

It's true that many of the components are the same, but construction techniques and materials make up for the majority of the cost increase in the Cougar.

CrazyCain
11-28-2017, 12:32 PM
:hide:

I like my "Tiny" Hideout!

Stan3718
11-28-2017, 01:32 PM
I really like our Hideout 28BHS as well. Works perfect for my family. I prefer the siding over fiberglass myself for delam issues.

Blanco
11-28-2017, 06:29 PM
I really like our Hideout 28BHS as well. Works perfect for my family. I prefer the siding over fiberglass myself for delam issues.

Delam issues? :confused:

LarrySharon
11-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Can't speak of Cougar, but my Hideout has been great. Just the two of us with a tiny irritant dog. :) It is a 22KBSWE, no issues. Has been fun.

Blanco
11-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Can't speak of Cougar, but my Hideout has been great. Just the two of us with a tiny irritant dog. :) It is a 22KBSWE, no issues. Has been fun.

Well for us its the 2 of us with our 100;b dog.

& we've been camping with him about 6 years in a Lance Truck Camper, with no slides.

Stan3718
11-29-2017, 06:18 AM

Delamination.

wiredgeorge
11-29-2017, 06:55 AM

When roof or seals leak, the fiberglass comes loose... delamination. If you look at a bunch of rv pics online (mostly sales pics), note the fiberglass appears puffy in places. A pretty fair indication of water leaks at some point. Delamination can also probably occur without water leaks with the adhesive letting go I guess.

Blanco
11-29-2017, 06:19 PM

How long you owned it?