PDA

View Full Version : Blowout...

Javi
11-27-2017, 05:50 AM
Not really...

But I did have a fence staple in one of my one year old Carlisle tires.. Tires were fine when I parked and I checked them earlier last week in anticipation of our weekend trip this past Friday.. Tire was only about five pounds low on Tuesday..... had twenty-five pounds in it on Friday... Hurried trip to Discount tire for a replacement.. Yep replacement.. Tire had six punctures and one fence staple still in it..

I posted this just to remark that not all blowouts may be caused by China.. :D

My tire didn't blow but it easily could have... What if I had topped it off on Tuesday when I checked them and headed out the same day... or what if it hadn't held air when I ran over the fence staples three weeks ago...

But maybe... China threw them staples out on the road to get me... :D

BTW... had to buy a Goodyear Endurance, DT was out of Carlisle tires... It'll be my spare when they get the replacement... And on that note the prorated my tire even though I had not purchased the additional warranty.. Good people..

rhagfo
11-27-2017, 10:05 AM
Javi, one staple and six punctures?? How in the heck did that happen? Great catch!

Javi
11-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Javi, one staple and six punctures?? How in the heck did that happen? Great catch!

They were in a ring around the long pin of the staple... I can only guess

Ken / Claudia
11-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Lucky to find that problem before being on the highway. Finally a tire story with a good ending.