PDA

View Full Version : Shur-Flo Fan

Ruffus
06-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Installed a Shur Flo Fan in the bedroom in our fiver on Saturday, what a difference it makes in temperture. The fan is quite and doesn't feel like it's blowing much air but it dropped the temperture by almost 12 degrees with vent close. Don't think we'll need that extra A/C unit now.:cool:

Johnnyfry
06-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Is the fan blowing in or out of the vent?

John

antiqfreq
06-20-2011, 05:58 AM
We have had 2 Shur Flo fans for about 4 years now in our fiver - one in the living room and one in the bedroom.
We were fulltiming and did a lot of dry camping and they really came in handy.
Some nights it was just warm enuf to turn on the fans and if dry camping we had no a/c running.
They work awesome, are reversible and are very quite!
Jo
:)

Ruffus
06-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Hey John
Currently we are not opening the vent when the fans running because of the extreme heat and humidity here in Georgia. The fan circulates the air better with the A/C running because our 38 footer only has one vent in the bedroom and four in the main living area. Since cool air sinks this fan pulls the cold air up to the bedroom. The auto vent system, thermostat and exhausting system and rain sensor will have to wait for cooler nights. I'm thinking about another now in the back of the 5'ver for more circulation like Jeff & Jody did. I'll wait until they go on sale again like the last time.:cool:

Txoutback
06-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm trying to decide between the shur-flo and the maxx\fan. Installation is the same and the maxx\fan cost more but right now I'm leaning towards the maxx\fan because I can tow with it open while the shur-flo will require an additional cover.

Are there other similar fans I should consider?

Any feedback/thoughts/advice/experience on this will be greatly appreciated.
Dave

LeeMedic
06-21-2011, 03:19 AM
I would like to put an electric fan in place of a plain vent in our bedroom. Problem is there is no power source there. There is only (1) a/c vent in the bedroom.

The nearest power is a ceiling light about 10 inches away.

What would be the best way to run a power source to this location?

JRTJH
06-21-2011, 05:42 PM
I would like to put an electric fan in place of a plain vent in our bedroom. Problem is there is no power source there. There is only (1) a/c vent in the bedroom.

The nearest power is a ceiling light about 10 inches away.

What would be the best way to run a power source to this location?

If you take the light fixture off the ceiling, you should see a hole large enough to use a coat hanger to push a wire through that hole and span the 10" to the vent location. If you change out the light bulbs (usually about 2 amps each) for LED's, you'll have no problem powering the 2-3 amps you'll need to run the fan. Just make sure you use wire large enough to not heat up with the load. I'd recommend 12 ga multistrand wire.

KanTC
06-21-2011, 06:06 PM
We have the MaxxFan in the bedroom, replacing the overhead vent.

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1899

There are also other threads on the forum about varies brands of fans, and installation.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

KenBob
06-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Installed a ShurFlo remote controlled fan in the living area. Had to run the power wire to a lamp fixture about 5 feet away. The nearest fixture is switched. Needed to find power source that is hot all the time. A 10 inch run would have been great! Be sure that the fixture you run from is not on a switch.