PDA

View Full Version : solid surface countertop

ptooti
11-13-2017, 08:25 AM
Can anyone shed some light on how to trim the solid surface counter top our flush mount glass top does not drop down to where it needs to be upon further inspection the stove was crammed in there and the opening at the front edge is about 1/8 to narrow to allow proper operation of the top to drop in there removing the stove is easy, we are just wondering is there are any suggestions or precautions we need to take we were thinking about sanding or filing the solid surface edge till we get it to work, it is hidden by the trim flange once the stove is back in. has anyone ever cut or trimmed this type of material?

thanks in advance:camping:

Pamac37
11-13-2017, 11:02 AM
You can use a trim router or a regular router, just be warned they throw a lot of white plastic shavings . I actually trimmed my home solid surface countertops this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptooti
11-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Thanks it worked out better than we thought! just used a big file removed 1/8 of and inch and vacuumed while we went along
You can use a trim router or a regular router, just be warned they throw a lot of white plastic shavings . I actually trimmed my home solid surface countertops this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk