PDA

View Full Version : Dog Kennel Mod

CamperGill
11-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Thought I’d share what we did with our cozy Passport 239ML to make room for the pups. Since we chose this camper for its great price point, light weight, bunks for kiddos, and quick setup (no slides, power awning), etc... there wasn’t much room left for our canine companions. So, we pulled out the factory table and put a collapsible metal kennel in its place. A piece of plywood hanging around was cut the same size as the kennel for a solid eating surface and a fairly color coordinating, dirt cheap, vinyl tablecloth was put over the top. No room for legs but my kids are young and always up on their knees at a table anyway. Since we have three kids and our model has the great Murphy bed option, me and the mrs sit there to eat, when we are inside anyway!
This way the pups are out of the aisle at night and have their own comfy bed, and if we leave the camper for a while we can safely put them away and keep them out of anything they shouldn’t be in.
Happy trails!

theallde
11-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Very creative and serves the purpose - well done ..... Don

gregrc75
11-11-2017, 04:45 AM
Nice. I did something similar when the dog was a puppy. I put his crate under the table, but to the side as much as possible against one of the bench seats. It left about 10” on the other side so we could still sit. After a year I removed the crate and put his bed under the table. I would have him go on his bed and then I simply put a baby gate across the front of the table. It was nice to finally remove the crate and just use the gate! Please pardon the mess, haha.