PDA

View Full Version : Closet flange removal black water tank leak

Fishingrodburner
11-07-2017, 11:11 AM
I need to drop my black water tank to repair a leak near the top. I removed the toilet and the screws securing the flange to the floor, but I can't get the flange to budge. I tried using a hammer and chisel with no luck. From what I can see, there is very little pipe between the floor and the tank. It's basically fitting to fitting. I can't raise the tank enough to use a saw under the flange. The flange is a spigot to hub type (3633). Any advice on removing the flange or tank for that matter is greatly appreciated. 2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 324fwbhs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaltBennett
11-08-2017, 03:33 AM
It's probably glued to the PVC going to the tank and maybe even to the floor. You'll probably have to grind/cut off the top, maybe just around the edge, to release the pipe and tank. Use something like a Dremel or other rotary tool, or you could get aggressive and use an angle grinder. Just don't grind into the floor itself.

Hooking it all back up with a new flange & union may be a little trial and error to get everything to fit, but it should work out fine.

rhagfo
11-08-2017, 06:23 AM
Does the drain pipe pass through the basement? I would cut the drain there in a piece long enough to place a coupling when putting back together.

Fishingrodburner
11-09-2017, 06:17 AM
It's probably glued to the PVC going to the tank and maybe even to the floor. You'll probably have to grind/cut off the top, maybe just around the edge, to release the pipe and tank. Use something like a Dremel or other rotary tool, or you could get aggressive and use an angle grinder. Just don't grind into the floor itself.

Hooking it all back up with a new flange & union may be a little trial and error to get everything to fit, but it should work out fine.

Thanks for the idea. I cut it with a small grinder and thin zip disc then removed it in pieces. Took about 5 mins.

Fishingrodburner
11-09-2017, 06:18 AM
Does the drain pipe pass through the basement? I would cut the drain there in a piece long enough to place a coupling when putting back together.

I can't get to the pipe. I cut the flange with a grinder.